Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 18 March 2024

MINUTES of the Full Parish Council meeting held at Warsop Town Hall, in the Council Chambers on MONDAY 18th MARCH 2024 at 6.30pm.

Present:

Cllrs K. Hardy (Chairperson), D. Scaysbrook (Vice-Chairperson), A. Burgin (MDC), D. Hughes (MDC), K. Bonsall, P. Dackombe, A. Wetton (MDC) and J. Stephenson (MDC).
Amanda Cooper (Parish Clerk).
0 members of public.

Minutes

6/1803. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Age Concern - Cllr R. Butler.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
Christmas Smile - Cllrs K. Hardy, D. Scaysbrook and K. Bonsall.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs K. Hardy, D. Scaysbrook, A. Burgin, R. Butler and K. Bonsall.
Friends of the Earth - Cllrs R. Butler and K. Hardy.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllr A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale CIC Director - Cllr A. Burgin.
Green Party Member - Cllr R. Butler.
Labour Party Member - Cllrs A. Wetton, A. Burgin and J. Stephenson and D. Hughes.
MDC Planning Committee - Cllrs A. Wetton and J. Stephenson.
Meden Medical Services PPG - Cllr K. Bonsall.
Meden Vale Colts FC - Cllr A. Wetton.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sport 4 Kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs K. Hardy, D. Scaysbrook, A. Burgin, R. Butler and K. Bonsall.
Swallows Green - Cllr D. Barlow.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival Committee - Cllrs P. Dackombe and K. Bonsall.
WPC Room Hire (Ferocious Dog) - Cllr K. Bonsall.

The following additions have been made –
Cllrs P. Dackombe and K. Bonsall – Warsop Carnival Committee.

2/1803. APOLOGIES

Cllrs G. Simpson (school residential), R. Butler (ill) and D. Barlow (ill).

RESOLVED: The council accepted the apologies of all Cllrs.

3/1803. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – Monday 15th January 2024.

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.

4/1803. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE LAST PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

There were no matters reported.

5/1803. MINUTES FOR THE EXTRAORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 7th February 2024.

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record. The Clerk offered to meet with Cllrs Dackombe and Bonsall to go over the budget information due to their absence from the extraordinary meeting.

6/1803. AGREE AND APPROVE THE RECOMMENDATIONS AND MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING – Wednesday 13th March 2024

The Chairperson read through the recommendations.

3/1303 – The plan was shared with Cllrs and more amendments were suggested.

RESOLVED: The following extra changes will need to be made along with the original recommendations –
Safer Streets 4
Community Engagement additions – Lifespring and all those involved with the councils Remembrance Service
No event for Armed Forces Day
Local police team engagement
Ask Cllr Simpson for feedback on youth engagement
Encourage members of public to attend meetings
Seek a Cllr who would take over the development of the NP

The plan should be brought back to council every 3 months.

Cllr Dackombe thanked Cllr Stephenson for helping with the bereavement group and Cllr Hughes and his wife for help with the coffee morning group in Meden Vale.

The Chairperson thanked Cllr Dackombe for arranging the different groups in the Parish.

4/1303 – The Warsop Parish Newspaper was discussed.

RESOLVED: The council produce a June and December edition of the paper and attend the meeting with Vibrant Warsop about extra funds for more editions.

RESOLVED: The F&GP minutes should say all those on the mailing list for the paper to be contact as Sookholme was used as an example.

6/1303 – The quotes for work were discussed as well as items 10/1303 and 11/1303.

RESOLVED: The Clerk will letter will be sent to MDC to express the urgency required for the transfer asset.

RESOLVED: The Clerk will write a letter to Lifespring on the matters of the asset transfer and the information that Parish Council are still waiting for.

RESOLVED: The quotes for the fire security remedial works were accepted as along as they could be completed before 31st March.

7/1303 – A memorial tree for Cllr Morris was discussed.

RESOLVED: The council agreed that a letter should be sent to Carol Morris asking for her preference on where she would like a tree planted, the Carrs or the council’s car park.

8/1303 – Community Award nominations.

RESOLVED: The June edition of the paper will be used to promote the community award and seek nominations. The closing date would be the end of August and the winner will be published in the December edition of the paper.

9/1303 – Cllr Wetton explained that the housing development on the Strand site was denied due to the land being classed as employment land in the local plan.

RESOLVED: The council will form a working group with any Cllr who wants to join and discuss what the council can do to help.

7/1803. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM THE WARSOP POLICE TEAM

The police team wrote a brief report which included some information on the damage to Carr Lane field and the speed awareness project. The council thanked the police for the information given.

8/1803. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FOR NOTTS COUNTY COUNCIL

Cllr Bethan Eddy gave her apologies due to other commitments already booked.

9/1803. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FROM MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Cllr Burgin gave an update on the leisure hubs’ progress. The official open date is 14th June, but it should be open from 1st June.
Cllr Dackombe asked about the resident’s issue with the hedges being taken out that was published on Facebook.
Cllr Stephenson said he responded to the posts and the Chairperson said the My Mansfield page also gave an explanation.

Cllr Burgin said there had been an incident involving a Cllr at the hub building site.

He said the CCTV cameras are proving very useful, especially regarding the damage to the Carr Lane field.

Cllr Wetton left the meeting at 7.46pm due to other commitments.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

No public present.

10/1803. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:

None.

11/1803. CLLR HUGHES TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON COMMUNITY SAFETY AROUND TRAFFIC ISSUES IN MEDEN VALE

Cllr Hughes raised concerns about the traffic and road issues that could cause a problem for Meden Vale. He mentioned that there will be 3 developments within the Netherfield Ward and one of those is a development under Bassetlaw District Council. He asked for a traffic survey to be conducted so that he could use the evidence to petition Bassetlaw to use the other access road on the A616 rather than the traffic passing through the centre of Meden Vale and Warsop Parish. Cllr Burgin and Stephenson said that it would be highways that would do a traffic survey as part of the planning process. It could be that the survey has already been conducted and submitted with the planning application. The Chairperson proposed that the Parish Council write to NCC and Bassetlaw District Council.

RESOLVED: The council agreed to write to NCC and Bassetlaw District Council regarding a traffic survey and the access road on the A616. Cllr Hughes will need to contact the Clerk with information on the matter so this can be added to the letter.

12/1803. DISCUSS THE VARIATION ON THE STONEBRIDGE PLANNING APPLICATION REGARDING THE BUFFER ZONE/SSSI BARRIER

Cllr Burgin said there may be an application on this matter coming to planning soon. MDC Cllrs will pursue this matter.

13/1803. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED

The Clerk gave an update.
The co-option deadline is Friday 22nd March and there has been no new applications received. The agreement with Nadine Mcguiness to still be a candidate is in place. An interview panel will need to be agreed for new applications.

RESOLVED: Cllrs Hardy, Scaysbrook and Stephenson agreed to be the interview panel for new applicants.
MDC will be delivering planters for the project that local business JOSONDIL are running. The council will support by asking local businesses if they wish to sponsor a planter placed on the A60.
The Easter Egg Hunt will be ready to live from Thursday 21st March to 1st April.

The Chairperson spoke about arranging a staffing meeting at the end of April.

14/1803. WARSOP PARISH NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR, VICE-CHAIR OR CLERK

The Clerk gave an update. The paper (created by Vibrant Warsop) is due out Wednesday and there are still 2 rounds without a deliverer.

15/1803. RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PARKS WITHIN THE PARISH

Cllr Burgin gave an update. The bridge on the Carrs will be undergoing some maintenance works which will require scaffolding to be erected. Friends of the Carrs have been trying to work with NCC so they could secure some funding for the weir, but NCC did not communicate with the group in advance and only gave a notice of the current works a week ago.

Cllr Scaysbrook asked how the car that damaged Carr Lane Park managed to access the park. Cllr Burgin said the post had been removed by the builders allowing vehicle access and not re-inserted.

16/1803. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 29/02/24) £55,504.06
Earmarked Reserves
Emergency TH utilities fund (formally leisure) - £10,000
Warsop Parish News deliverers - £550.00
Relocation Fees - 10,000.00
Hanging Baskets - £500.00
CAB 24/25 - £5,000.00
CAB 25/26 - £5,000.00
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 29/02/24) £29,899.83
TransaveUK (Capital Reserves) - £15,000

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • V02151. Ward Allowance (Cllr Stephenson – hygiene) - £100.00
    • DC5. Stamps - £571.33
    • DC6. Phone Cases - £19.96
    • DC7. Compliant EPC - £480.00
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • OLB138. Pearl Installations (services) - £101.94
    • OLB139. Scribe (account software) - £673.92
    • OLB137. Acer (church yard) - £97.50
    • OLB136. Chevron (speed awareness signs) - £206.40

17/1803. RECEIVE A LIST OF MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL PLANNING APPLICATIONS SINCE THE LAST MEETING –

  • Planning
    • The Sycamores Nursing Home, High Street, Warsop - REMOVAL OF 2 NO. TREES WITHIN A CONSERVATION AREA (Meden Ward).
    • Squires Lodge, Nettleworth Manor, Leeming Lane North, Mansfield Woodhouse - 1 NO. THREE BEDROOM HOUSE WITH VEHICLE ACCESS FROM EXISTING REAR GARDEN ACCESS – (Market Warsop Ward)
    • Mill Farm Cottage, Sookholme Road, Sookholme - REMOVAL OF EXISTING CONSERVATORY AND PROPOSED SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION (Market Warsop Ward).
    • Plot 22, Bishops Meadows, Bishops Walk, Church Warsop - ERECT NEW DWELLING (Warsop Carrs Ward)
    • Oak Lodge, Spring Farm, Sookholme Road, Sookholme - APPLICATION FOR A LAWFUL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE UNDER THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 - DETACHED OUTBUILDING (Market Warsop Ward)
    • 103 Sherwood Street, Warsop - FIRST FLOOR EXTENSION AND LOFT CONVERSION (Meden Ward)
    • Nettleworth Manor, Warsop Parish - EXTINGUISHMENT OF 2 NO. RESTRICTED BYWAYS AND A BRIDLEWAY AND CONCURRENT CREATION OF A REPLACEMENT BRIDLEWAY

18/1803. DATE OF NEXT MEETING - Monday 15th April

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876