Meeting Minutes 18 September 2023
MINUTES of the Full Parish Council meeting held at Warsop Town Hall, in the Council Chambers on MONDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2023 at 6.30pm.
Cllrs D. Scaysbrook, A. Burgin (MDC), K. Bonsall, J. Stephenson (MDC), G. Simpson, R. Butler and P. Dackombe.
Amanda Cooper (Parish Clerk).
3 members of public.
6/1809. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllrs A. Burgin and G. Simpson.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
Christmas Smile - Cllr K. Hardy.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs K. Hardy, D. Barlow, A. Burgin, R. Butler and G. Morris.
Friends of the Earth - Cllrs R. Butler and K. Hardy.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllr A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Green Party Member - Cllr R. Butler.
Labour Party Member - Cllrs A. Wetton, A. Burgin and J. Stephenson.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow, K. Hardy & R. Butler.
MDC Planning Committee v - Cllrs A. Wetton and J. Stephenson.
Meden Medical Services PPG - Cllr K. Bonsall.
Meden Vale Colts FC - Cllr A. Wetton.
Meden Vale Community Group - Cllr K. Hardy.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sport 4 Kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs K. Hardy, D. Barlow, A. Burgin, R. Butler and G. Morris.
Swallows Green - Cllr D. Barlow.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs G. Simpson.
WPC Room Hire (Ferocious Dog) - Cllr K. Bonsall.
The Rotary Club has been removed has they have disbanded.
Cllrs A. Wetton (Labour Group Meeting), G. Morris (Holiday), K. Hardy (Chairperson) (Holiday), D. Hughes (MDC) (Holiday) and D. Barlow (Unwell)
RESOLVED: The council accepted the apologies of all Cllrs.
ABSENT: Cllr R. Butler.
3/1809. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – Monday 17th July 2023
RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.
4/1809. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE LAST PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
There were no matters arising.
5/1809. VIEW THE MEETING NOTES FROM THE REMEMBRANCE SERVICE MEETINGS
Councillors were happy with the updates from the Remembrance Service meetings.
6/1809. MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 6th September
RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.
7/1809. AGREE AND APPROVE THE RECOMMENDATIONS AND MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING - Wednesday 6th September
Minute 5/0609 – There were 2 s137 applications for agreement.
DUWC who provide an advice service and help residents from Warsop Parish.
RESOLVED: The council agreed to grant funding of £500.
Warsop Army Cadets – The Army Cadets is trying to arrange camps but due to the cost of living some families are unable to buy the equipment needed for these trips or the cost of the trip itself.
RESOLVED: The council agreed to offer more than the £150 requested as the amount per head would be a higher total. £188 grant funding was agreed.
Minute 6/0609 – Lengthsman Scheme and funding for works to the highways.
RESOLVED: The council agreed to move forward with this project and apply for the funding.
Minute 7/0609 – Christmas light decorations reduction due to budget cuts at MDC.
RESOLVED: The council agree to pay the £644.28 to have the same number of Christmas lighting decorations for lamp posts.
Minute 8/0609 – MDC budget consultation
RESOLVED: Cllrs agreed to share the consultation with family, friends and members of the public.
8/1809. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM THE WARSOP POLICE TEAM
No report or police in attendance.
Cllr Scaysbrook asked if there was an update on the speed watch project. The Clerk explained that she has contacted the police a number of times regarding invoices, portable road signs, risk assessments, site locations and another training session. Sgt Long has only responded once which has created a long delay since starting this project in April.
The council asked the Clerk to write again to Sgt Long and if there is no response then the council will contact Insp Davies.
9/1809. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FOR NOTTS COUNTY COUNCIL
The County Councillor read out a list of issues/jobs/general information that she had been working on.
A petition for Mansfield Road, Ward Allowance spends, WPC bunting request, A60 traffic issues, lengthsman scheme, shopping area sign for High St, Netherfield Ward 40 mph areas, allotment entrance issues, pathways issues, double yellow lines on Elkesley Road, 30 mph signs for Carter Lane and Wood Lane, Spion Kop feasibility study, parking issues on Woodlands Way, Forest Road road resurfacing, Dawny Hill traffic issues, Flooding on Sherwood St, road resurfacing for York Terrace, Sycamore Street, Appleton Street and Elkesley Road.
She reiterated that the resurfacing of Wood Lane would be 2nd October regardless of some of the notices being incorrect.
She has a meeting with the ICB regarding Meden Medical Services and asked Cllrs to let her know if they have questions that she can pass on.
Cllrs asked about road resurfacing and how urgent some areas are. Cllr Dackombe asked her to check the pathways on the other side of Elkesley Road near the pit side as there is overgrown brambles blocking the path.
10/1809. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FROM MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
Cllr Burgin gave his update. The Hub is on schedule at the moment and is starting to take shape. There was an issue relating to noise due to the developers needing to use some heavy machinery. Lights and a safe point camera have been installed on the Carrs. The full council meeting was last week, and the council agreed a motion to change the leadership arrangements/structure.
A lady came to speak about the traffic and dangers on Mansfield Road when the traffic lights are installed due to the Stonebridge development. She also said she would welcome a speed watch group on Mansfield Road.
11/1809. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:
Cllr Burgin suggested that they speak to Cllr Bethan Eddy (NCC) about installation dates and when highways will review the traffic implications of those traffic lights. He asked Cllr Eddy to make this a priority.
Cllr Burgin informed the lady that the speed watch group is done by volunteers, and it would be good for her and other residents to join.
12/1809. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED
The Clerk gave an update.
- Post Office letter –A letter of support to keep DVLA forms/enquiries at the Post Office was given to the Postmaster.
- Better Together project event – Cllrs were emailed about an event on 20th September as part of MDC and Mansfield Safer Streets better together project. The event will be held at the Plough at 11am and Cllrs are invited.
- Noticeboards – 8 noticeboards were repaired with new locks and perspex. Keyholders will be emailed with a new keyholder form and then a new key can be issued. Cllrs will be emailed separately regarding managing noticeboards in your areas.
- Hygiene Poverty – There have been lots of donations from the public and Hetts Lane and Meden School have also collected donations. Cllr Dackombe will collect those donations.
- Council to agree to add Cllr Bonsall to the F&GP working party as there is one space available on the working party.
RESOLVED: Cllr Bonsall was added to the F&GP working party.
- Council to agree to add Cllr Scaysbrook to the staffing working party as there is one space available on the working party. The staffing meeting has changed from 27th September (there is another meeting scheduled on that day) to the 4th October.
RESOLVED: Cllr Scaysbrook was added to the staffing working party.
- Another 2 to 3 more Cllrs are required for the Warsop Parish News review. The next meeting will be 11th October.
RESOLVED: Cllrs Stephenson and Dackombe were added to the WPN review group.
- Warsop Parish Christmas open evening will be Saturday 2nd December. Cllrs are asked to commit to being a designated role on the evening (The Clerk and Assistant Clerk will have a role and 6 more are required) as well as help with setting up during the day.
RESOLVED: Cllrs Burgin, Scaysbrook, Dackombe and Bonsall agreed to help with covering roles and the set up. Cllr Stephenson agreed to help with some of the set up.
- The Chairperson and Clerk had a meeting with Liz Phillips from Lifespring after the councils extraordinary meeting on 6th September. The church was happy to proceed but they made a request regarding the toilet block at the side of the building. They would like to sell it and put the money from the sale into the Town Hall works. Phil Colledge stated he will recommend that Lifespring are allowed to do this.
Cllr Stephenson raised a concern regarding the sale of the toilet block due to what it would be sold for. He asked if it would be the toilet block or the toilet block and outbuildings.
RESOLVED: The council agreed that the Clerk should ask Liz Phillips from Lifespring Church what outbuildings she is wanting to sell. Once Liz has responded then the Clerk must share this information with the council. If Cllrs raise concerns by email, then the Chairperson will call an extraordinary meeting and the Clerk will inform Phi Colledge of the Parish Council’s decision.
- The Clerk asked if the boiler replacement works could get underway as well as informing the asbestos company.
RESOLVED: The council agreed the boiler works could be done as well as the asbestos reinspection.
13/1809. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLRS BURGIN AND SIMPSON
The Big Thank You event was held on Saturday 16th September to celebrate Big Warsop and all that it achieved. Big Warsop is officially closed.
14/1809. WARSOP PARISH NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR, VICE-CHAIR OR CLERK
The next edition is December with an October deadline for adverts and articles. Warsop Carnival will advertise again for volunteers and this open to Parish Councillors to volunteer as well.
15/1809. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FROM CLLR DACKOMBE ON THE CHRISTMAS SERVICE THAT HE IS ORGANISING
Cllr Dackombe will be holding a multi faith Christmas memorial service on Thursday 21st August at 7pm in the Vibrant Venue (previously the Methodist Church). He asked Cllrs if they would like to get involved and that he was looking for donations.
16/1809. RECEIVE AN UPDATE ON PARKS WITHIN THE PARISH
Cllr Burgin gave an update under the Mansfield District Councillor update.
Cllr Stephenson spoke about Swallows Green. There is graffiti artwork on the wall, and they are raising funds for play equipment.
17/1809. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - (As of 31/08/23) £60,714.99
Car park maintenance - £1,285.08
Warsop Parish News deliverers - £550.00
Boilers - £4,000.00
Relocation Fees - 10,000.00
Hanging Baskets - £500.00
CAB - £5,000.00
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 31/08/23) £34,005.91
TransaveUK (Capital Reserves) - £15,000
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Payments already paid:
- V02104. TH birthday celebration (Refreshments)(JUL) - £60.43
- V02105. Community Award (Poppy Gang) - £49.99
- V02106 Certificate (Poppy Gang) - £10.00
- V02107 TH birthday celebration (OWS posters)(AUG) - £50.27
- V02108. Acer Grounds Maintenance (30/06) - £195.00
- V02109. Mansfield Fire & Safety (Fire extinguishers) - £132.00
- V02110. Acer Grounds Maintenance (25/07) - £195.00
- V02111. S137 (Friends of WV) - £1,000.00
- V02112. Event (Christmas entertainment) - £187.50
- V02113. Design 2 Studio (TH birthday banner) - £147.00
- V02114. Design 2 Studio (WPN design) - £880.00
- V02115. Community Award (WPC) - £49.99
- V02116. Donation (Cllr Bethan Eddy)(Hygiene Poverty) - £200.00
- V02117. Donation (WUC)(Hygiene Poverty) - £500.00
- V02118. Car Park Maintenance - £157.92
- V02119. Car Park Maintenance (Railings) - £462.00
- V02120. Pearl Installations (Fire safety service) - £101.94
- V02121. Acer Grounds Maintenance (Car parks) - £95.00
- V02122. Acer Grounds Maintenance (09/08) - £195.00
- V02123. Event (Street Sign) - £178.50
- V02124. Associated Press - £924.48
- V02125. JOSONDIL (Hanging baskets/Water butt trailer) - £1,000.00
- V02126. NALC (New Cllr Training)(SEPT) - £45.00
- V02127. Acer Grounds Maintenance (31/08) - £195.00
- V02128. KHTE (Noticeboard repairs and maintenance) - £2,800.00
- Payments due to be paid: Some payments were originally an online payment but due to an issue with banking, all payments had to be changed to cheque payments.
18/1809. RECEIVE A LIST OF MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL PLANNING APPLICATIONS SINCE THE LAST MEETING –
- 5 York Terrace, Warsop - REPLACEMENT ROOF WITH DORMER WINDOW TO FRONT, REPLACEMETNT BAY WINDOWS, REAR EXTENSION INCORPORATING ROOM IN ROOF SPACE, DETACHED GARAGE, AND WALLS AND RAILINGS.
- 5 Coopers Yard / 1 Meden Place, Church Street, Warsop - REMOVAL OF 2 TREES WITHIN A CONSERVATION AREA - (T1) WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF NO. 5 COOPERS YARD AND (T2) WITHIN THE BOUNDARY OF NO. 1 MEDEN PLACE.
- Rock House, Carter Lane, Warsop Vale - DETACHED TRIPLE GARAGE WITH ANNEXE ABOVE.
- 24 Appleton Street, Warsop - OUTLINE APPLICATION WITH ALL MATTERS RESERVED FOR A DETACHED 2 STOREY DWELLING INCLUDING NEW ACCESS DRIVE TO SERVE HOST AND NEW DWELLING PLUS ASSOCIATED OFF-STREET PARKING.
- 172 Egmanton Road, Meden Vale - DETACHED ANNEXE TO REAR.
- 9 Hammerwater Drive, Warsop - TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION.
19/1809. DATE OF NEXT MEETING - Monday 16th October 2023