Meeting Minutes 15 April 2019
MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 15th APRIL, 2019 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs J. Cockroft (Chairman), J. Kerr (MDC), R. Butler, W. Williamson-Cooper, J. Allin, G, Simpson and L. Davis.
Amanda Cooper (Clerk)
Sgt N. Priestley
1/1504. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Simpson mentioned a mistake of the March minutes regarding his declarations.
Age Concern - Cllr. J. Allin.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, J. Kerr, S. Adey and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllrs A. Burgin and S. Adey.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr, W. Williamson-Cooper and A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
Meden School Board of Governors - Cllr. S. Adey.
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs J. Allin & S. Adey.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Committee - Cllrs J. Cockroft, D. Barlow, L. Davis, R. Butler, J. Kerr, A. Wetton and A. Burgin.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson.
Town Hall Room Hire (Sports 4 kidz) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival - W. Williamson-Cooper and S. Adey.
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. J. Kerr and J. Allin.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs J. Cockroft and G. Simpson.
Welbeck Colliery the Future - Cllrs J. Allin, J. Kerr & S. Adey.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.
2/1504. RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs S. Adey, A. Burgin, D. Barlow and A. Wetton.
Absent: Cllr S. Dale
3/1504. CHAIR’S REPORT
The Chair read out her report.
She mentioned the next meeting will possibly see a new Chair and Vice-Chair. The Local and Mayoral Elections take place on 2nd May. Cllrs Adey and Allin stepping down due to ill health and retirement. She thanked them for their outstanding service to the Parish and wish them both well. She presented Cllr Allin with an award for 25 years’ service. She ran 2 events this past year supporting and raising funds for Warsop Parish Youth Club and Alzheimer’s Society. She spoke about the success of the Carnival, possible future developments, the loss of Lloyds bank, walking in the Carnival and Remembrance parade and laying a wreath on behalf of the Parish Council at the Remembrance service.
Finally, she thanked Cllrs for their support, staff for their hard work and making her job easier and members of public for attending meetings.
4/1504. MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Monday 18th March 2019.
RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.
6/1504. MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING – Thursday 11th April 2019.
RESOLVED: An update was read out by the Chair from Luke Spence (Carnival Chairman) under minute 855 – s137 Carnival Committee. The Carnival Committee have taken the decision to cancel the parade element of the Carnival this year. This is due to concerns by the Safety Advisory Group regarding traffic management and not enough volunteers on the committee to help run a parade. The car park at the Carrs will also have a sign on stating ‘Closed’ due to safety concerns.
Minute 859 - The Clerk read through all the points raised by Mike Johnson (Warsop InfoTech Group) and explained what the recommendations are for each point. Some points stayed the same and others were amended or changed completely.
All recommendations were unanimously agreed and the minutes were accepted as a true record.
7/1504. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM SGT PRIESTLEY
Sgt Priestley read out crime figures for the last 3 months.
Burglary – 7
(3 dwellings and 4 other (includes sheds, garages) 1 arrest has been made).
Vehicle Crime – 9
(3 theft of and 6 theft from)
Criminal Damage – 11
(Mixture of vehicles and dwellings)
ASB – 115
(A Dispersal Order was put in place on Carr Lane involving around 20/30 children).
Domestic Violence – 78
Compared to the figures from this time period last year the only one to have seen a slight increase is burglary (it was 5 last year). All the other crime figures have reduced.
Sgt Priestley is looking in to a temporary camera for the car park at the Carrs. He reiterated how important it is to make sure that the public report keep reporting non-emergency issues to 101.
Cllr Simpson thanked PC Kev Parsons for visiting the children at Warsop Youth Club. Cllr Simpson is trying to start positive relationships with the children and police at a young age.
8/1504. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No Public participation matters.
9/1504. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED
- The elections for Local Council and Mayor are taking place on Thursday 2nd May. I will be opening the Town Hall at 6am, are any Councillors available to close the Town Hall at 10.30pm?
- Barrie Woodcock, the Internal auditor has been booked for Thursday 9th May.
- Maddy Pritchard from Vibrant Warsop has sent a report about their work and their vision for the Parish of Warsop. I will leave this in my office for any councillors who wish to read it.
- Nottinghamshire County Council have sent a letter to Parish Councils regarding farmers and landowners and their responsibilities to ensure paths are kept free from obstruction by crops. It gives details on how the Parish Council can help by sign posting and guidance notes on widths and photos of good practice. This will be kept on the notice board in my office.
- MDC have booked the Town Hall for the European Elections on Thursday 23rd May 2019.
RESOLVED: Linda Davis will close the Town Hall at 10.30pm after the elections.
10/1504. CARNIVAL – UPDATE FROM LUKE SPENCE
The update was given under minutes for the F&GP meeting.
11/1504. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLR BURGIN
No update due to Cllr Burgin’s absence.
12/1504. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE EDITOR OR CLERK
No update due to quarterly editions.
13/1504. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – UPDATE FROM CLLR BARLOW
No update due Cllr Barlow’s absence.
14/1504. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - (As of 15/04/2019 - £103,431.39)
(£5000 reserved for C.A.B.)
(£5000 reserved for Sports Centre)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 15/04/2019 - £33,803.38)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves-Capital) - £15,000
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Payments already paid:
- V01784. RBL (S137) - £400.00
- OLB164. MDC Payroll - £2304.93
- Payments due to be paid:
- V01785. Refund - 2 W&DNs advert - £36.00
- V01786. Glascraft - £6.00
- OLB165. KHTE (Clock Room Works) - £758.40
- OLB166. Market Stalls Storage - £108.33
- OLB167. Market Rates - £35.25
- OLB168. MDC Loan - £4,443.20
- OLB169. Pearl Installations (EM light/1st Floor WC) - £63.90
- OLB170. Konica Minolta - £139.00
- OLB171. Second Element - £176.40
15/1504. CORRESPONDENCE – BLU BANANA GRAPHICS & EMBROIDERY
The Chair read out a letter from Blu Banana introducing themselves and their new business in the Parish to the Parish Council.
16/1504. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM CLLR WETTON
The Chair read out an update from Cllr Wetton.
NCC’s AGM is next month. Works to the roads are continuing and chewing gum has recently been cleaned from pavements.
17/1504. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
- The Rectory, Church Road, Church Warsop - VARIATION OF CONDITION 2 (SUBMITTED PLANS) ON APPLICATION 2016/0419/NT (ERECTION OF 1 NO. DETACHED DWELLING WITH INTEGRAL GARAGE TO PROVIDE REPLACEMENT RECTORY. ALTERATIONS TO VEHICULAR ACCESS FROM HIGHWAY) TO ALTER THE POSITION OF THE ACCESS DRIVE SERVING THE RECTORY TO RETAIN THE TEMPORARY ACCESS POSITION).
- 23 Hammerwater Drive, Warsop - TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION.
- Land Adjacent 30 Church Street, Warsop - DEMOLITION OF EXISTING DWELLING AND CONSTRUCT 1 NO. PAIR OF SEMI-DETACHED HOUSES.
- 3 Manor Court, Church Warsop - FELLING OF 2 NO. TREES WITHIN A CONSERVATION AREA.
- 14 Eastwood Avenue, Warsop - TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION
The Carrs - Update from Cllr Burgin
The Chair read out Cllr Burgin’s update. All the playground equipment has been removed, and the new equipment delivered. All works seem to be progressing well and aims to be completed and open ready for the Bank Holiday.
Meden Baths - Update
18/1504. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 13th May 2019