Meeting Minutes 21 September 2015
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 21st September, 2015 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs. A.Wetton Chairman (MDC), J. Allin Vice-Chair (N.C.C.), J. Kerr, (MDC), P. Crawford (MDC), S. Moody, J. Cockroft, S. Adey, A. Hardy, J. Brealey, L. Moody and B. Dawson.
Representatives from MDC: Andrew Tristam, Portfolio holder for the Environment and Dave Saunders Regeneration Officer.
Representatives from Sainsbury's/Netto: Tom Glynn and Adam Heald from Jomast Developments Ltd.
Representatives from Temporis Wind: Sent apologies
Representatives from Friends of the Carrs, residents from Sookholme and other members of the public.
Cllr. S. Dale - The Clerk told members that Sean has had a stroke and won’t be able to attend meetings for a while. The Chairman on behalf of all members wished him a speedy recovery.
Prior to the main meeting a presentation was made by Steve Voisey from Peninsular Business Services at 5.30pm, offering their services instead of NALC but as we have committed to NALC already for this year they cannot refund our annual subscription. Also they only deal in Employment not Government Law.
9354. CRIME AND DISORDER
No Police were present at the start of the meeting, PCSO Catherine Darby came in later but the chairman asked her for a report instead.
9355. SAINSBURY'S/NETTO PRESENTATION
Tom Glynn and Adam Heald revealed their proposed plans for a Netto supermarket on the old Eastwood site that Tesco were originally going to build, it will be smaller than the planned Tesco store and will create 25 jobs. It will be mainly food. The only problem standing in their way is the old bingo hall, it is not listed but has a preservation order on the front to return it to the original art deco building, they would like the building knocked down to create a better access. The chairman allowed a question and answer session. Cllr Cockroft suggested that we start a petition. Dave Saunders Regeneration Officer for MDC would look into getting it demolished.
Representatives from The Friends of The Carrs updated members on the state of the Carrs and the lack of co-operation from MDC. In a letter from the Mayor it stated that the Parish Council had asked them not to mow the grass around the war memorial because of the poppies. The Clerk stated this was not true, poppies seeds were scattered around the wall not on the grass. There are plans for MDC together with the poppy group to create a wild flower garden in the orchard incorporating poppies. The mayor also stated that £85,000 has been spent on the Carrs, FOTC said that this also not true.
There isn’t a lifebuoy and there should be 2.
- Several residents from Sookholme attended the meeting to ask about the solar panel farm, but Temporis Wind didn't attend. The planning application has gone in and all the residents have received letters they raised their concerns.
- A resident complained about the lack of play facilities opposite the Swallows, it went into dis-repair, MDC took it out but have never replaced it, the residents in that area want it back.
- Another resident spoke about the Talbot car park saying he is sure the top half of the car park belongs to MDC not Enterprise who are claiming it belongs to them.
9356. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Cllr Crawford has arranged a meeting with the parks department to address all the issues on Monday 5th October. Andrew Tristram Portfolio Holder for the Environment commented that he will look into all the issues and has applied for Green Flag Status for the Carrs. Any complaints just let him know.
The Chairman said the FOTC group do a fantastic job and they are all volunteers.
- It was agreed to call a meeting with the residents and put our objections in to MDC Planning Department. It was also suggested they elect a spokesperson.
- Cllr Dawson explained about S106 monies that should have been available when the Wickets housing development was built. Cllr Crawford will look into it and ask MDC for £30,000 for a new play park.
- Cllr Allin agreed and added that it originally belonged to the Urban District Council in 1974 everything was handed back to MDC.
9357. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr. J. Cockroft
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr. J. Cockroft, S. Moody and S. Dale.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody, P. Crawford and J. Kerr
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin
Age Concern - Cllrs. J. Allin and P. Crawford
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs. J. Allin and J. Kerr
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs. J. Kerr and P. Crawford
The Friends of Thynghowe - Cllr. B. Dawson
Warsop's Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr. L. Moody
Warsop Vale Village Association - Cllr. P. Crawford
CHAD & Warsop News - Cllr. A. Hardy
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and S Adey
9357. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Monday 20th July, 2015 Accepted with a few amends.
9358. TOWN HALL
The new CCTV has been installed it was agreed that the monitor in the Clerk's office should be focused on the Foyer only.
9359. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS
The October edition is almost finished and will feature on the front page Ferocious Dog, this edition will be 24 pages, lots of new adverts this month. Cllr. Moody has been designing the front page banners and is organising a competition for the Christmas edition with a prize for the winner. Cllr Dale normally takes the papers out to the deliverers but due to his illness we need someone with a van. Cllr Dawson said he has a van and offered to do it.
The committee held their AGM on Wednesday 16th September. Cllr. Cockroft told the meeting that only 4 committee members turned and it was decided to call another AGM on Thursday 15th October and if people don't turn up there won't be a Carnival next year.
9361. BIG WARSOP
Running a training scheme to encourage people to train as SIA badged security staff with a trial position. The scheme is being run in conjunction with Selous Security and Vaughan O'sullivan. Applications for the next round of the Rolo scheme must be in by Monday 28th September.
9362. WPC WEBSITE
Will be live soon. The Clerk said she would like every Councillors photo, Eric Hill offered to take them.
9363. ROBERT BYE WAY
Letters have been sent to both Surestart and NCC who own the building but as of yet no replies have been received. It was noted that Shaping Futures should also be sent a letter.
9364. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - £24,966.24
Premier Account - £33,727.27
Credit Union Account - £15,000.00
All payments were agreed to be paid.
Payments already paid:
- V01408. Cash - Delivery of Warsop News Sep edition - £360.00
- V01409. Cash - stamps - £70.00
- V01410. T. Barlow - mobile phone allowance - £8.75
- V01411. Mortons - W&DN Sep - £1,163.00
- V01412. Minster Cleaning - Aug - £544.97
- V01413. Konika Minolta - Aug - £188.35
- V01414. NALC - New Councillor guides - Aug - £14.80
- V01415. Lantec - Repairs to phone - Aug - £180.00
- V01416. Notts County Supplies - Toiletries - Aug - £34.68
Payments due to be paid:
- V01417. Cash - Delivery of Warsop News Oct edition - £380.00
- V01418. Cash - Postage - £70.00
- V01419. T. Barlow - mobile phone allowance - £8.75
- V01420. Mortons - W&DN Oct - £1,163.00
- V01421. Minster Cleaning - £450.65
- V01422. yourlocale - Neighbourhood Plan - £4,560.00
- V01423. SPG Construction Ltd - repair of pothole - £110.40
NALC AGM 18th November - Cllr Allin said he would attend if he can.
9366. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Cllr Allin reported that the advert in Warsop News for Speed Watch was a great success and 8 people signed up for the scheme. He emphasised that under no circumstances was the Warsop Recycling Centre going to close. The crossing on Sherwood Street/High Street will be altered but it has not been finalised and the crossing outside the health centre will have LED lights. He added that the siting of the Pleasley Pit wheels is being discussed as to where the best place will be to site them.
Cllr Hardy asked if a letter could be sent to Mr. Wilfred Gauntley for the work him and other volunteers did with the footpath at the back of Rectory Road. It was unanimously agreed.
9367. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
- Severn Trent Water - Solar panels to assist power generation at Warsop Sewerage works.
- Sookholme Road - Solar Panel Farm objections already noted in PP.
- The Carrs: Already discussed in PP.
Andrew Tristram gave an update on Meden Baths, a meeting is being arranged with NCC regarding a new build on school land. It's been proposed that the new one be built at the side then the old is demolished, however, there is a consultation looking into a re-furbishment at the beginning of October.
9368. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 19th October, 2015