Meeting Minutes 20 July 2015
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 20th July, 2015 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs. A.Wetton Chairman (MDC), J. Allin Vice-Chair (N.C.C.), J. Kerr, (MDC), P. Crawford (MDC), S. Moody, J. Cockroft, S. Adey, A. Hardy, S. Dale, J. Brealey, L. Moody and B. Dawson.
9252. CRIME AND DISORDER
No Police present, The Clerk has asked for a report but nothing has been sent.
- A member of the public wished to thank the carnival committee for all their hard work organising the day and asked about more disabled parking.
- A comment was made about the state of High Street car park, it needs weeding and the broken railing needs replacing.
- Comments were made about all the town centre that are empty.
9253. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Cllr. Cockroft replied that there was a designated disabled area for parking.
- It was suggested we ask the probation service to see if they can help.
- This is an ongoing problem which the District Councillors are trying to resolve.
9254. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr. J. Cockroft
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr. J. Cockroft, S. Moody, S. Dale and A. Hardy
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody, P. Crawford and J. Kerr
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin
Age Concern - Cllrs. J. Allin and P. Crawford
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs. J. Allin and J. Kerr
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs. J. Kerr, P. Crawford and B. Dawson
Warsop's Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr. L. Moody
Warsop Vale Village Association - Cllr. P. Crawford
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, P. Crawford, J. Kerr and S. Moody
9255. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Monday 15th June, 2015 unanimously agreed a true record.
9256. TOWN HALL
CCTV was discussed but was deferred as it was thought that £5,000.00 is expensive.
9257. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS
The August edition is almost finished and will feature a 4 page Carnival souvenir pull out.
Cllr. Cockroft told members what a successful day it was. The Chairman thanked her for all her hard work.
9259. BIG WARSOP
Di-Fib's are now in place with the exception of the fire station which will be installed this week. Big Warsop have asked if the town hall telephone number could go inside the cabinets and once used they can be returned to the town hall. It was unanimously agreed.
9260. WPC WEBSITE
The Clerk sent an email after the last meeting to confirm that the PC had agreed to the quote from JKE but it was not received, they also need a 25% deposit to start building the website.
Each member was handed a copy of the letter sent to various supermarkets and a list of who it has been sent to. Cllr. Adey has also started a petition a copy is in the town hall.
9262. BUSINESS CLUB
Cllr. Adey told members as Netherfield ward councillor, she has started a business club in Meden Vale and will widen it out to the parish to provide advice and support to new and existing businesses.
9263. F&GP MEETING
Tuesday 7th July - no minutes available.
9264. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - £26,550.25
Premier Account - £33,727.27
Credit Union Account - £15,000.00
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Delivery of Warsop News Aug edition - £360.00
- Petty Cash - stamps - £70.00
- T. Barlow - mobile phone allowance - £8.75
- Mortons - W&DN Aug - £1,163.00
- Minster Cleaning - July - £544.97
- Notts County Supplies - £99.74
- Secondelement - legionella testing - £176.40
- NALC - LCR - £175.50
- Warsop Carnival - carnival stall paid in by mistake - £25.00
- JKE Web Design - deposit for website - £112.50
Section 137 requests
- Runfit24 - request for £316.09 to provide free fitness classes for all the community all ages and abilities. It was agreed to fund this project by asking for invoices and we will pay them.
- Mansfield Community First Responder Group - no amount given, deferred to next F&GP meeting more information needed.
9266. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Cllr Allin reported that NCC are planning to make repairs to Askew Lane. He also reported that the interactive sign at Meden Vale doesn't work at the moment, the battery needs replacing.
9267. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
- 112 Laurel Ave - attached garage
- 3 Coach Rd - single storey side and rear extension
- Rock House WV - existing sure
- 191 Sherwood St - demolition of existing garage
9268. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 21st September, 2015