Meeting Minutes 19 October 2015
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 19th October, 2015 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs. A.Wetton Chairman (MDC), J. Allin Vice-Chair (N.C.C.), J. Kerr, (MDC), P. Crawford (MDC), S. Moody, J. Cockroft, S. Adey, A. Hardy, J. Brealey, L. Moody and B. Dawson.
David Jazwa from Temporis Wind Presentation
Residents from Sookholme and other members of the public.
PO Richard Cutts and PCSO Dee Eyre
Cllr. S. Dale. Cllr S. Moody asked to be excused at 7pm.
9369. CRIME AND DISORDER
PO Richard Cutts and PCSO Dee Eyre gave an update on crime in the Parish. The main crime being committed is theft from motor vehicles. ASB has been good but expect it will increase at Halloween. Cllr Kerr told them he is trying to get the gates on Carr Lane park moved back so the car park can be used again. He asked them if they thought it would cause any problems, Dee said the only thing she could see that might happen is youth congregating in cars but can’t see it being a major issue.
Before the Chairman allowed public participation he welcomed David Jazwa and invited him to do his presentation on the proposed solar panel farm at Sookholme. It will affect 17 properties in Sookholme and 11 in Nettleworth. It will have a visual impact until the vegetation has grown. He advised the residents to look on MDC website to see the visual impact. Afterwards the Chairman allowed a question session with Councillors then with the residents.
- A member of the public talked about the petition to knock down the bingo hall, there has been a good response and handed in the ones that had been collected from the shops.
- He also told members kids are taking the barriers of the Carrs and propping them against the old toilet block to climb up on the roof which is dangerous. He added that the slit trap is already filling up.
- The Chairman allowed the residents to enter into discussion.
- Cllr. Brealey asked about the Roman tile kiln and baths.
9370. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Cllr. Crawford said he would take them into MDC on Friday.
- He also said the issues with the barriers is being addressed. He attended a meeting regarding the Carrs on Monday with MDC parks department and Friends of the Carrs and things will improve.
- The Chairman gave the residents some advice about the planning process and how they might proceed. All objections to be sent to Peter Landridge, the case officer on the planning application.
- David Jazwa said nothing was found.
9371. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr. J. Cockroft
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr. J. Cockroft, S. Moody and S. Dale.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody, P. Crawford and J. Kerr
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin
Age Concern - Cllrs. J. Allin and P. Crawford
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs. J. Allin and J. Kerr
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs. J. Kerr and P. Crawford
The Friends of Thynghowe - Cllr. B. Dawson
Warsop's Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr. L. Moody
Warsop Vale Village Association - Cllr. P. Crawford
CHAD & Warsop News - Cllr. A. Hardy
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, P. Crawford, J. Kerr S. Moody and S Adey
9372. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Monday 21st September, 2015. Accepted as a true record.
9373. TOWN HALL
See F&GP minutes
9374. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS
See F&GP minutes.
Cllr Cockroft told members she is now the Chair of the committee and they have 10 members and more volunteers have said they would help on the day so it is definitely going ahead. The theme is Earth, Wind, Fire and Water. Cllr. Hardy felt that the article in the CHAD wasn’t true and will try and get part of it retracted. Cllr. Dawson people think the Carnival makes money, they don’t realise it is all run by volunteers and funding.
9376. BIG WARSOP
The SIA training for door supervisors was a success 21 turned up for the induction and 19 attended the training. The de-fib training was also well attended.
9377. WPC WEBSITE
The Clerk showed the F&GP group the website as it stands at the moment, just a little bit more tweaking and it will be live.
9378. ROBERT BYE WAY
The Children’s Centre has replied saying they are in agreement and a letter has been sent to Shaping Futures, no reply has been received as yet. Cllr. Hardy explained the procedure to get it changed. It was suggested to look into having a statue.
9379. F&GP meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 15th October. Items to ratify:
535. Town Hall - The Clerk pointed out that she would be the only member of staff in the building after 12pm, it was unanimously agreed to close at 12pm. A notice for the door and Warsop News is to be done.
It was unanimously agreed to get Dynarod to look at the drains and 2 quotes to have the ladies toilets sorted.
It was unanimously agreed to renew the contract with EON.
538. CiCLA- It was unanimously agreed for Amanda to do part 2 of the training course.
539. CAB – It was unanimously agreed to let Sarah have a set of keys.
540. Warsop News – Cllr Crawford added that everyone should pay full price for adverts and ask community groups for an annual donation.
543. Longden Terrace Club – Cllr. Kerr met with 16 residents and Alan Meale MP on Saturday as they were concerned that the club is going to be demolished and houses built. Cllr. Kerr said there has been no decision made.
9380. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - £24,966.24 as at 29/9
Premier Account - £33,741.48 as at 10/8
Credit Union Account - £15,000.00
All payments were agreed to be paid.
Payments already paid:
- V01424. AB Waste Disposal Ltd - £180.00
- V01425. AB Waste Disposal Ltd - £180.00
- V01426. Konika Minolta - £42.31
- V01427. TEC repairs to Car Park light - £50.00
- V01428. AB Waste Disposal Ltd - £360.00
- V01429. Mortons extra 4 pages W&DN Oct - £63.00
Payments due to be paid:
- V01430. Cash - Delivery of Warsop News Nov edition - £380.00
- V01431. Cash - Postage - £70.00
- V01432. T. Barlow - mobile phone allowance - £8.75
- V01433. MDC - Grass cutting Church - £2,365.20
- V01434. MDC - Staff wages - £18,369.38
- V01435. Warsop Infotech - Fluorescent tubes FCC - £67.50
- V01436. Grant Thornton - External Audit - £510.00
- V01437. DA Computers - CCTV - £6,588.96
- Letter from Minster Cleaning increase of 3%. Agreed to accept.
- Letter from Warsop Footpaths and Countryside Group, asking for a Letter of support for their funding application to the Heritage Lottery Fund. It was unanimously agreed.
9382. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Cllr Allin reported that NCC and DCC could share an elected mayor as part of a devolution bid.
The advert in Warsop News for Speed watch has brought in another 10 candidates.
9383. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
- 3 Carburton Ave, Meden Vale - Erection of summer house
- 65 & 67 Mansfield Road, Spion Kop - Erection of workshop.
- 46 Church Street, Warsop – Proposed demolition of building.
- Moorfield Farm – 1 Detached dwelling
Welbeck Farm, Netherfield Lane – outline planning application for a residential development.
Objections were raised on 5 on the grounds it is on a flood plain and the land may be contaminated.
9384. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 16th November, 2015