Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 21 March 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 21st MARCH, 2016 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs. A.Wetton Chairman (MDC), J. Allin Vice-Chairman (NCC) J. Kerr, (MDC), J. Cockroft, L. Moody and B. Dawson.
Cllr S. Dale arrived late.
Inspector Nick Butler (Police), Sergeant Neil Priestley (Police), Steve Davis (Warden), Adrian Tinklin (Warden), Cllr D. Saunders (MDC - Portfolio Holder for Regeneration)
15 members of public

Apologies:

Cllrs P. Crawford, S. Moody, S. Adey and J. Brealey

Minutes

9445. CRIME AND DISORDER

The Chairman welcomed and introduced Inspector Nick Butler to update the council on crime and disorder. Inspector Butler informed the council that he has just been promoted as the Police Inspector for the whole of Mansfield. He spoke of the structure changes that are taking place and changes from funding cuts that are reducing the number of Inspectors. Mansfield was split into North and South but now Inspector Butler has been appointed, he will cover the whole of Mansfield which means better use of resources. He spoke of a number of police stations that have closed and that they will be located within the Civic Centre at Mansfield by August/September 2016. This is to share the space which will save money and will also mean that enquiries can be dealt with in one go rather than being passed from agency to agency. However, he said that there is a commitment to Warsop and PCSO Catherine Darby and Dee Eyre will still work from the town hall. He mentioned that the Warsop PCSO’s are being given an award for their work and arrests they have made. Inspector Butler spoke about having specialist officers in the area to deal with people drinking at the Carrs, etc. Once a month they will be doing fatal 4 days, this is to tackle speeding, not wearing seatbelts, using mobile phones while driving and being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Cllr Allin mentioned that we have our local Speed Watch program that he takes part in that can help with drivers speeding.

Cllr Kerr welcomed Insp Butler and asked about testing for the use of drugs as well as alcohol. Insp Butler said that it is harder to test for drugs but when they look for people driving under the influence, they mean alcohol and drugs.

Cllr Dawson welcomed Insp Butler and said he appreciates cutbacks but could a written report be produced if the police are unable to attend the meeting in person. Insp Butler informed the council that he has already addressed this issue and Sergeant Dave Booler will produce a written update or someone will attend in person.

Adrian Tinklin (Warden) spoke of an issue they are having with speeding cars. They take action by taking the car off them but they just buy another cheap car. Insp Butler said that the fatal 4 day that will be running once a month can help with tackling this issue.

The Chairman asked Insp Butler about the driving while using mobile phone part of the fatal 4 and is it easy to prosecute people. Insp Butler mentioned the different techniques the police use to catch people using mobile phones while driving. The police wear body cameras and their cars have dash cam’s that records whatever is happening and the data is downloaded straight on to a machine. He also mentioned that driver improvement courses are recommended in some cases. Insp Butler stated he would report back to the council on the results of all these methods that are being used.

Cllr Dawson asked Insp Butler if dash cam’s from members of the publics vehicles can be passed on to the police if anything has been recorded that may be of use to them. Insp Butler said yes they can be given to the police.

Insp Butler passed along special thanks to Cllr Allin form Cllr Barton about the equipment for the off road police bikers.

The Chairman thanked Inspector Butler and Sergeant Priestley.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

  • Karen Hardy from the ‘Let Warsop Speak Facebook Group’ asked if they could send a leaflet/questionnaire about the Local Plan out with Warsop and District News. She stated that the Local Plan was not publicised well enough and from a local survey they did, 40% of the people knew nothing about the Local Plan.
  • Eric Hill asked the council about councillors not knowing about the Consultation Plan but there is a report that states Warsop Parish Council knew about it, why is this. He said the Pegasus Group leaflet was identified as housing only in draft form and the Robin Hood Line doesn’t mention a Warsop station. He also stated that the Sookholme proposal is outside the urban boundary. He asked are they allowed to change the urban boundary and will Councillors take this matter to the District Council.
  • A member of public spoke to the council about the field off Oakfield Lane. The member of public thought that it was only a proposal to use that field to build houses but a planning application has been submitted for 30 houses.
  • Eric Hill showed the council a letter he had received from MDC regarding the demolition of the old cinema building in relation to the Netto planning application.
  • Ben Dale informed the council of a house on Vickers Street that may be involved with drugs.
  • Eric Hill congratulated the police for confiscating nuisance bikes.
  • Cllr D. Saunders (MDC) updated the council on the planning application for Netto. He told the council he had been chasing the application and hopefully it will be looked at in the May planning meeting and the application will include the demolition of the old cinema building.
  • Karen Hardy asked the council what its view is on the urban boundary and that over 70% of the people oppose the building of houses in Sookholme.
  • A member of public spoke of his concerns about building all those houses in the Local Plan. He said employment is an issue in Warsop now, transport is inadequate and there is no infrastructure.
  • Karen Hardy and a gentleman from the ‘Let Warsop Speak Group’ spoke of their concerns that the roads can’t manage all the extra cars from these new houses and that schools and healthcare won’t be able to cope with the increase of people from these houses.
  • A member of public spoke about dog fouling on the Carrs and that only 1 person has been caught in the last 12 months.
    Steve Davis (Warden) responded by saying he can show the member of public the figures of their patrols on the Carrs. He also said he appreciates that it is an issue and the wardens do dog fouling patrols but as soon as members of public see the uniform they make sure they clean it up. If the wardens do see dog fouling happening they will issue tickets. He also advised the public to ask for details of the offender to pass on to the wardens. The member of public may need to stand up in court if they have helped the wardens catch someone. He also mentioned that wardens have to see it for themselves in order to issue tickets.
  • Mr Gardener asked for more signs to be put up on the Carrs regarding dog fouling.
  • A member of public asked if the survey would be of any use due to the closing date expiring for submitting comments/objections. The member of public also stated it would be good to know if there will be support from the council or councillors.
  • A member of public asked if any action has been taken about the views of the public.

9446. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

The chairman informed Karen Hardy that she could send out the leaflet/questionnaire with Warsop and District News.

The Chairman informed the members of public that the Local District Plan is only aspirational as mentioned in the 3 previous meetings and has been worked on for around 13 years to identify areas of development. He stated that the council didn’t know about this latest consultation plan until a week or so before it was due to open up for public viewing. The plan is made available for the public to view and put forward their comments/objections relating to the plan. There is a structure that the District Council has to follow by law. Developers will also view the plan and see if any of the areas mentioned in the plan would be worthwhile for them to consider putting planning applications in to build. Any area that has been identified for development outside the boundary would have to go to the planning committee. The Chairman spoke about the Thoresby development with the link to the Robin Hood Line and the regeneration of the Thoresby site with 1000 houses which is double the size of Edwinstowe. The Chairman stated if the general feedback was that the public were against it then the council would speak up, but at the moment it is only a proposal. He also mentioned that it may be a good idea for the public to attend the meetings at Mansfield District Council.

Cllr Allin spoke to the members of public about the field off Oakfield Lane. He said the land is owned by Notts County Council and over the past 10 to 12 years members of the public have asked him if it can be used for something other than a field to walk dogs on. He stated he had spoken to N.C.C. to make good use of the land, so now there is an outline planning application for 30 dwellings. He mentioned that the fun fair that normally stands on that field could relocate to the Carrs.
Cllr Dawson recalled that certain areas in Warsop including the field off Oakfield Lane and Cricket Pitch had been ear marked on a future plan for houses.

Cllr Kerr stated that you can build in the urban boundary because Spion Kop was. He said that the Local Plan shows 400 houses for us that need to be built so extra classrooms will have to be built and look at transport issues.

The Chairman informed members of the public that although the closing date has passed on submitting objections/comments to the Local Plan, the survey that the ‘Let Warsop Speak Group’ are going to hand out would not be a waste of time and if a planning application does come in, the group would have the information of how many people do not want it to happen.

Cllr Allin suggested that the public should attend the MDC meetings as well as the Parish ones. He spoke about the Notts County Councillors working on the Robin Hood Line with Rail Minister and County Councillors are in favour to extend the line. He mentioned that he had taken 2 trips on the line and hopefully in the near future the line could be opened. Warsop station is owned by Rail Track and will be a case of finding funds. He spoke about N.C.C. working with Harworth Estates and Welbeck Estates on the Welbeck Colliery site. He mentioned that they already employ 4 people from Meden Vale and by September it should be at full production and employ around 9 people. He mentioned another company (Roger Wright at Langwith) that employ 10 people with another 10 to be employed to work on 250-300 concrete bases.

The Chairman informed Ben Dale that the information he gave to the council will be passed on to Sergeant Dave Booler.

9447. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST

Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr. J. Cockroft
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr. J. Cockroft, S. Moody and S. Dale.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody, P. Crawford and J. Kerr
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin
Age Concern - Cllrs. J. Allin and P. Crawford
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs. J. Allin and J. Kerr
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs. J. Kerr and P. Crawford
The Friends of Thynghowe - Cllr. B. Dawson
Warsop's Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr. L. Moody
Warsop Vale Village Association - Cllr. P. Crawford
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, P. Crawford, J. Kerr S. Moody and S Adey
Boyes - Cllr J. Cockroft.

9448. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Monday 15th February 2016. Accepted as a true record.

9449. F&GP meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 7th March 2016.

The Chairman read through the F&GP meeting minutes and the recommendations that were made.

574. Parish Council Insurance – it was unanimously agreed to stay with Aviva and pay the renewal.

575. Mainstream Digital – Price increase – it was unanimously agreed to pay the increase for the Clerks landline phone.

576. Minster Cleaning – Price increase – it was unanimously agreed to pay the increase but the Parish Council will look into employing a cleaner/care-taker on a part-time basis.

577. Section137 – Runfit24 – it was unanimously agreed to pay the £316 as per his application.

578. Mike Johnson (Room bookings) – it was not agreed to lower Mike Johnsons room rent percentage from 40% to 35%.

579. A.O.B.

  • Unanimously agreed to update the leafing on the boards in the Council Chambers.
  • Unanimously agreed for Second Element to do a tank clean and chlorination.

Accepted as a true record.

9450. TOWN HALL

Cllr Cockroft informed the council that she is applying for funding from Big Warsop for paint and other DIY materials (fillers & putty) to redecorate the town hall. Cllr Dale asked if the town hall could fly the St George’s flag or the Union Jack. The Chairman told Cllr Dale he would look into this matter.
The Chairman informed the council that the 2 new receptionists have started their role.

9451. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS

Cllr S. Moody sent an email to the Clerk so that she could inform the council that the paper will have 24 pages due to having lots of articles this month.

9452. BIG WARSOP

Cllr Cockroft spoke on behalf of Michael Smith from Big Warsop. She stated that there will be a launch for the new mini bus and it will hopefully be delivered this week. The mini bus can be booked through Meden School by email or phone. There will be a charge of 0.45 per mile to cover maintenance, insurance, repairs, fuel, etc. The mini bus has 15 seats so that it can be driven with a standard driving license.

Cllr Cockroft also answered questions from the previous meeting that she didn’t have the answers to at the time. She stated that there is no more defibrillator training planned at the moment. Also the door supervisor training was run by Selous Security and Prosec training.

9453. WPC WEBSITE

There will be a new email set up for the Clerk that will be linked through the WPC Website.

9454. WARSOP YOUTH CLUB

Cllr Cockroft informed the council that Warsop Youth Club was holding an open day/fun day on Saturday 26th March 2016 from 12 noon to 4pm.

9455. CARNIVAL

Cllr Cockroft gave an update about the progress of the Carnival, She stated that a lot of stall bookings have been received and that they have started making the programmes but they need more business adverts.

9456. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

Cllr Kerr informed the council that he and the Clerk are in the progress of sorting the end of grant report for the £10,000 funding that was received. This has to be completed before 31st March 2016 otherwise the funding might be lost.

9457. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - £27,800.56 (as at 15th Feb 16)
Premier Account - £33,749.95 (as at 15th Feb 16)
Credit Union Account - £15,000.00 Interest accrued on this account £92.41

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • V01480. Cash - Delivery of Warsop News Dec edition - £380.00
    • V01481. Cash – Postage - £70.00
    • V01482. Minster Cleaning - £561.32
    • V01483. Mortons - £1,163.00
    • V01484. NALC - £1,609.42
    • V01485. C.A.B - £1,500.00
    • V01486. Infotech (Paper) - £15.00
    • V01487. Notts County Supplies - £95.10
    • V01488. Smith of Derby ltd (Clock) - £212.40
    • V01489. Chubb - £98.40
    • V01490. Earl Engineering - £576.00
    • V01491. Second Element - £176.40

9458. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

Cllr Allin informed the council that he would be using his allowance to fund the equipment for the off road motorcycles for the police.

He also informed the council that he would be attending training for Speed Watch and he would like more volunteers to join Speed Watch. He mentioned Speed Watch were in Meden Vale last Saturday outside the 3 Lions pub.

He also informed the council that there has been no planning application for Sookholme Solar Farm.

The Chairman spoke of an accident that happened in Spion Kop and would Speed Watch visit that area. Cllr Allin said he would pass this request along.

Cllr Allin also spoke of an accident on the crossing area on Carr Lane. The pedestrian that was knocked down would normally cross the road outside Sure Start but there is no sound on the crossing and the pedestrian has tunnel vision. So Cllr Allin will be asking for this to be looked at.

9459. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL

Planning Applications

  • Bowring Transport LTD, Windmill House Farm, Forest Road, Warsop – Listed building consent for internal and external alterations.
  • Bowring Transport LTD, Windmill House Farm, Forest Road, Warsop – First floor office extension.
  • Mansfield District Council, Carr Lane Park, Carr Lane, Warsop – Erection of 8 m high CCTV column.
  • Land off Oakfield Lane, Warsop, - Residential development with all matters reserved for up to 30 no. dwellings.
  • Warsop Estate Trustees, Sookholme lodge Farm, Carter Lane, Warsop Vale – Conversion of existing agricultural buildings to provide four residential units with associated residential curtilage and demolition of a modern covering at Sookholme Lodge Farm.

The Carrs

Cllr Kerr informed the council that MDC are using the left over silt from the river to make an amphitheatre and look into more dog fouling signs.

Meden Baths

Cllr Kerr informed the council that he would be starting a campaign soon to fight for our funding again for a new swimming baths.

9460. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 18th April, 2016

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011