Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 15 February 2016

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 15th FEBRUARY, 2016 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs. A.Wetton Chairman (MDC), J. Allin (N.C.C.) J. Kerr, (MDC), P. Crawford (MDC), S. Moody, J. Cockroft, J. Brealey, L. Moody, S. Dale and B. Dawson.
7 members of public

Apologies:

Cllr S. Adey

Minutes

9429. CRIME AND DISORDER

No police present and no written report given. The council asked the Clerk to contact the police regarding why we haven’t received a written report from them. Cllr J. Kerr informed the council that the police and wardens would be keeping their office at the town hall. Cllr J. Brealey informed the council that Sookholme Church were the victims of a fly tipping incident. She would like to thank the PCSO’s for all of their help regarding this matter.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Bill Power spoke of what a good job the burger van (situated in the Carrs carpark) is doing of keeping the carpark clean.
He also spoke about the War Memorial and that he would like the area maintained throughout the year. He stated that he had sent Cllr Crawford an email but had received no reply.

A member of public asked - what are the Parish Council's feelings towards the new houses on the Local Plan?

Mr Gardener talked about the dog bins on the Carrs and that the problem is people are not cleaning up after their dogs. He asked if he could have the statistics for how many tickets have been handed out by Wardens.
He also asked the council if the agenda and draft minutes can be added to the Parish Council website.

Kay Walker spoke to the council about a petition to save the 3 lions pub at Meden Vale. She asked if the council would be able to display the petition in the town hall.

A member of public asked if the council could speak up during the meeting.

9430. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Cllr Crawford mentioned there has been lots of praise for the burger van. The burger van is in talks with planning to make this a permanent deal.
Cllr S. Moody stated that the burger van would not be able to operate during Carnival day. Cllr Cockroft explained that they cannot stand in their usual place as that is the emergency entrance and exit but the Carnival Committee has offered a free place for the burger van on the field on Carnival day.
Cllr Crawford stated he had not received any emails from Bill Power.
The Chairman stated the matter regarding the War Memorial is taken seriously and the maintenance issue will be looked into. Cllr Dale stated he cleaned the Memorial last time and will clean it again.

Cllr S. Moody stated that people are concerned about the ideas in the Local Plan but that’s all they are at the moment, no planning applications have been submitted as of yet. He informed the member of public that the Local Plan is not at a formal state for the council to make decisions. The Chairman stated that this consultation document by MDC planning has been worked on since 2003. He explained that once the Planning Authority accepts the Local Plan (Oct 2016 following public consultation process) Developers are able to look at areas designated within the plan suitable for building. If a developer comes forward with a Planning Application it would be dealt with by the usual planning process. If a large development proposal was to come forward for Greenfield land down Sookholme Lane, it would take considerable time to go through the Planning system and could ultimately be a decision taken by the secretary of state or even a judicial review.
In answer to the member of publics question he added we as councillors would take notice of resident’s views and argue on their behalf.

Cllr Dawson stated he had witnessed dog fouling for himself and he will try and find out the statistics from the Wardens. Cllr Kerr mentioned that unfortunately there aren’t many wardens and the wardens we do have will be looking into crimes within the Warsop wards. He suggested that the dog wardens may be able to help. The Chairman informed Mr Gardener that draft minutes can go on the website as long as they are clearly marked draft minutes. Minutes can only be ratified and signed off at the next meeting.

The Chairman stated that the 3 lions petition could be displayed in the town hall.

The Chairman gave his apologies and said hopefully councillors had spoken up and if anyone has trouble hearing councillors speak then let us know.

Cllr Allin stated that it was nice to see the public at the meeting.

9431. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST

Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr. J. Cockroft
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr. J. Cockroft, S. Moody and S. Dale.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody, P. Crawford and J. Kerr
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin
Age Concern - Cllrs. J. Allin and P. Crawford
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs. J. Allin and J. Kerr
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs. J. Kerr and P. Crawford
The Friends of Thynghowe - Cllr. B. Dawson
Warsop's Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr. L. Moody
Warsop Vale Village Association - Cllr. P. Crawford
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, P. Crawford, J. Kerr S. Moody and S Adey
Boyes - Cllr J. Cockroft.

9432. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Monday 18th January, 2016. Cllr S. Moody asked if number 3 under public participation could be worded differently but this cannot be changed as this was how the member of public worded his concern to the council. Also the minutes are correct about the speed limit that Cllr Allin mentioned as being 50mph in matters arising out of public participation but the road is signposted as 60mph.
Otherwise accepted as true record.

9433. F&GP meeting

Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 10th February 2016. All 3 recommendations from the finance report were unanimously agreed by full council.

Cllr Kerr agreed with the 2016/2017 financial year’s precept but suggested reviewing the precept for the financial year after that.
Accepted as a true record.

9434. TOWN HALL

The town hall items (Room bookings, Receptionists and Cleaning costs) were all discussed in the F&GP section.

9435. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS

Cllr S. Moody informed councillors that the paper would have 20 pages, a feature about Meden School’s new library and the front page is the Carrs Management Plan.

9436. BIG WARSOP

Cllr Cockroft updated the council on the Big Warsop Community Dinner. She stated that the feedback was good and people were made aware of different groups in the community.

Cllr Allin asked Cllr Cockroft about details for the community minibus. Cllr Cockroft only knew a few of the details i.e. pay for your own fuel and rent the minibus through Meden School but she said she would try and find more information for him.

Cllr Allin also asked about training for the defibrillators - Cllr Cockroft stated that courses have already taken place and the machine tells you the simple instructions to follow but she will also inquire about more courses.

The Chairman asked who ran the door supervisor course – Cllr Cockroft thinks it was ran by Vaughan O’ Sullivan but will get this confirmed.

9437. WPC WEBSITE

The website is kept up to date and items for the website have to go through the Clerk.

9438. CARNIVAL

Cllr Cockroft informed the council that the first S.A.G. meeting was great; they were going to have a meeting with Andy Clark from licensing about possible reducing the alcohol allowance to reduce trouble related to alcohol even though there was no trouble last year regarding alcohol. She also mentioned that they were concerned about one of the carnival acts – Dangerous Steve as he uses chainsaws and fire. They talked about how they would set up the area where he is to perform and also discussed that Dangerous Steve has his own risk assessments and insurance.

9439. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

Cllr Kerr informed the council he has a meeting with Gary Kirk and he will get a draft copy of the Neighbourhood plan.

9440. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - £28,800.56 (as at 29th Jan 16)
Premier Account - £33,745.69 (as at 29th Jan 16)
Credit Union Account - £14,998.00

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • V01470. John Kerr (Purchase of safe) - £47.99
    • V01471. C.A.B - £3,500.00
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • V01472. Cash - W&DNs delivery - £380.00
    • V01473. Postage - £70.00
    • V01474. Minster Cleaning - £561.32
    • V01475. Mortons - £1,163.00
    • V01476. Konica Minolta - £16.03
    • V01477. Titanium Electrical Contractor - £60.00
    • V01478. Society of Local Council Clerks (Books) - £162.00
    • V01479. NALC (Book) - £54.99

9441. CORRESPONDENCE

  • Mainstream Digital - Price increase. This item will go to the next F&GP meeting.
  • Minster Cleaning - Price increase. This item will go to the next F&GP meeting.

9442. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

Cllr Allin stated that the budget meeting will be a week on Thursday and there will be a 1.99% tax increase and 2% precept increase for adult services.

Cllr Allin informed the council that he had been to look at the Welbeck Colliery site. The first digester will go in at the beginning of March; the gas is to go into the mains on 2nd May and more digesters in September. He also mentioned that the gas firm may have knocked out 12 lights while working and that they would be replaced with L.E.D.s.

9443. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL

Cllr Crawford informed the council that a nil increase was voted for regarding the precept and that it will be held for the next 3 years.

Cllr Kerr will report to select 2 about the sports centre.

The Chairman stated that Julie Jevons was informed about Adrian Hardy’s resignation and that an election is not to take place for a new councillor. A casual vacancy notice has been advertised and the closing date is 18th March 2016. Any applications received for this position will go to the council meeting in April.

The Chairman also enquired about the CCTV cameras and why have they been taken off the masts. Cllr Crawford said he would find out by checking with Cllr Barton at MDC.

Cllr Brealey asked the council about the 106 funding and explained she didn’t understand it. Cllr Crawford explained the 106 funding and that he wanted the money to be kept for Warsop. He also stated that he looking into this matter with higher authority.

Planning Applications

  • 46 Church Street, Warsop – Single storey industrial building
  • Rose Cottage, Sookholme Lane, Sookholme – Prior approval of proposed change of use of agricultural building to a dwelling house under the town and country planning (General permitted development) order 2015
  • Hetts Lane, Warsop – Outline planning application (including the reserved matter of access) for the demolition of vehicle workshop and the construction of 8 no. houses with off street parking and new access.
  • The Mill House, Church Road, Church Warsop – Removal of 3 no. trees and works to 1 no. tree within a conservation area.

The Carrs

Cllr Crawford will be attending a meeting with Friends of the Carrs on Wednesday at 2pm in the Hare & Hounds.

Meden Baths

Cllr Kerr will report to the select 2 meeting.

9444. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 21st March, 2016

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011