Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 20 June 2022

MINUTES of the Full Parish Council meeting held at Warsop Town Hall, in the Council Chambers on MONDAY 20th JUNE 2022 at 6.30pm.

Present:

Cllrs A. Burgin (Chair) (MDC), K. Hardy (Vice-Chair), D. Barlow (MDC), G. Morris, G. Simpson, R. Butler, D. Scaysbrook and J. Stephenson.
Amanda Cooper (Clerk)
4 members of public
0 PC's
0 PCSO's

Minutes

1/2006. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Association of Labour Councillors - Cllrs A. Wetton and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllrs A. Burgin, G. Simpson and W. Williamson-Cooper.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson and W. Williamson-Cooper.
Christmas Smile - Cllr K. Hardy.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, K. Hardy, D. Barlow, R. Butler, G. Morris and D. Scaysbrook.
Friends of the Earth - Cllrs R. Butler and K. Hardy.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs W. Williamson-Cooper & A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Green Party member - Cllr R. Butler.
Labour Party member - Cllr J. Stephenson.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow, K. Hardy & R. Butler.
MDC Tenants Association - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.
Meden Vale Colts FC - Cllr A. Wetton and D. Scaysbrook.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, K. Hardy, D. Barlow, R. Butler, G. Morris and D. Scaysbrook.
Swallows Green - Cllr D. Barlow.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson & W. Williamson-Cooper.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.
Warsop Food Share - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Youth & Community Trustee & Secretary at the Shed - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.
Where There’s Hope - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.

2/2006. APOLOGIES

Cllrs W. Williamson-Cooper and A. Wetton.

3/2006. MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL – Monday 16th May 2022.

RESOLVED: The word continue needs changing to become on the election of Vice-Chair item otherwise agreed and accepted as a true record.

4/2006. MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING – CONFIDENTIAL - Monday 23rd May 2022

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.

5/2006. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM THE WARSOP POLICE TEAM

There were no police present and no report given. The new Insp has agreed to attend a council meeting which the Clerk will arrange.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

3 members of public spoke.

MOP 1 – He asked about the bingo hall land and the eyesore that it has become, and he asked if the council would be providing another market again.

MOP 2 – She informed members that there has been an increase in smashed glass around The Legion, end of Greendale Close, near The Fashion Shop and particularly on Carr Lane park and field.
She reported that the litter on the A60 is becoming concerning and there is only 1 bin within that area.
She asked if the council could look at replacing the current open top bins for the closed top bins around the Carr Lane park area.
It was reported that there is no longer any signage for no alcohol and no littering on the park.
The car park area has become untidy with weeds, litter and drains being blocked and would be an issue for disabled users to access.
Finally, she asked who was responsible for the paths around the park as they are in a poor state and reducing disabled access and the area at the top of Carr Lane.

MOP 3 – He reported the same issues with the increase in smashed glass at Carr Lane park and he also asked if the spot light from Carr Lane park could be repositioned as it currently shines down Windsor Drive and is a hazard for drivers later in the evening/night time.

6/2006. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION:

Cllrs answered the members of publics questions.

MOP 1 – The bingo hall was demolished by the Eastwood foundation due to ASB seriously affecting the building. The Clerk will write to ARBA for an update for the next meeting.
The market was taken over by the council in 2018 after it was originally started by Warsop Parish Regeneration Agency as the market funds were running low. The council closed the market in late 2019 after no longer being able to financially subsidise it and there was also health and safety complaints made due to cars existing the car park via the entrance and then turning into a one-way street the wrong way. Options were reviewed but no suitable location has been found.

MOP 2 – The Chair stated he would report the broken glass as well as the Clerk. He would also copy the member of public into his email so she could also report the issue. Cllrs Burgin and Barlow offered to request a new bin from MDC and to look at replacing bins without covers on. They offered to use some of their Ward Allowance if MDC agreed to empty the bin. The Chair asked the Clerk to write to Co-op and see if they would be willing to provide any extra litter bins.
The car park issues will be reported by the Chair and the Clerk to MDC.
The Clerk will inform the police of the increased smashed glass in the area.
The footpaths around the park belong to MDC and the Chair will report the poor state of the paths as he is the portfolio holder for the environment, and he will look into new signage for the park.
The area at the top of Carr Lane belongs to Notts County Council.

MOP 3 – The glass concern was answered above, and the Chair said he would speak to MDC about repositioning the spotlight.

7/2006. DISCUSS AND REVIEW THE INTERNAL AUDIT

The internal audit was passed with no comments. As of next year, the council will need to find a new internal auditor.

RESOLVED: The council accepted the internal audit, and the Chair signed the AGAR.

8/2006. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FROM THE STONEBRIDGE DEVELOPMENT MEETING

A public meeting was arranged last Monday for the residents surrounding the Stonebridge Lane development and was attended by over 80 residents. Cllrs Burgin, Hardy, Barlow, Wetton and Butler attended to listen to the views and complaints of residents regarding the development and the disruption that’s being caused. There is another meeting being arranged for the 29th but the Chair is still awaiting confirmation. This meeting will have representatives from MDC and Barrett Homes in attendance.

9/2006. REVIEW THE CARNIVAL S137 APPLICATION AND SEEK VOLUNTEERS

The Carnival S137 application was brought back to council with the correct figures after the Clerk and Carnival Chairman had reworked the application form and submitted the correct figures. Cllr Hardy agreed to volunteer to help on the day along with Cllr Butler. Cllr Morris is on holiday and Cllr Burgin will already be standing on the MDC stall with the plans for the Warsop Community Hub.

RESOLVED: The council agreed to give a £4,000 s137 grant to Warsop Carnival.

10/2006. REVIEW THE CARNIVAL S137 APPLICATION AND SEEK VOLUNTEERS

The Chair was impressed with the business plan the Vice-Chair had put together.
The Vice-Chair asked Cllrs to take the plan home and read through it over the next 2 weeks. She asked Cllrs to make any suggestions within that time so the plan could be brought back to council for agreement. This plan is the vision of the council, but a financial plan is still required.
Cllr Barlow asked if the council would consider obtaining another building survey and using a different company from the first one.

RESOLVED: Cllrs agreed to obtain another up to date building survey.

11/2006. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED

They gave the following update:

  • 2 more members are required for the Staffing Working Party and Finance and General-Purpose Working Party. The Clerk also said that a staffing meeting, F&GP meeting and an extraordinary meeting need arranging.
    RESOLVED: Cllrs Butler and Scaysbrook will join the groups.
  • The Clerk update Cllrs on an email from Ferocious Dog regarding the increase in room rent. They are considering downsizing and have been shown 2 more rooms that are available at the Town Hall. The council asked the Clerk to contact Warsop Infotech again regarding the rooms they hire and if they want to reduce space they currently pay for.
  • The Parish Council Crest that Cllr Barlow wrote in her Warsop News article has had no responses. Cllr Scaysbrook suggested using next year as the day to change the crest if agreed as it would be the 50th anniversary of the Parish Council. Cllr Barlow suggested she would try and communicate this with the public again.
    RESOLVED: The council agreed to give Cllr Barlow until the end of the year to collate more information from the public on whether or not the Parish Council should change the crest.
  • A price of £125+VAT has been quoted for an estate agent to value the Town Hall. This is the only quote received but the estate agent although they have 2 commercial properties, they do not specialise in commercial valuations. Contact has been made with numerous estate agents but not all of them deal with commercial listings. There are 2 estate agents still to come back with their quotes and they specialise in commercial properties.
  • Cllrs were made aware of the Lifesprings S137 application and the recent arson attack to the building they were developing into a community asset. The Clerk had spoken to Liz Philips and is still hoping to use the S137 monies from the Parish Council if MDC agree to an asset transfer of the land.
    RESOLVED: The council asked the Clerk to contact Liz Philips and ask that the money for Lifesprings Woodside Hall project be ring fenced and an update given in 6 months.
  • Cllrs Barlow and Hardy’s details have been passed to Paul Tebbitt at MDC. Cllr Hardy stated that Paul had been in contact that day with some dates for a meeting.
  • Notts County Council have changed the amount per each event/project that a County Councillor can spend. The limit is now £1,000. Cllr Bethan Eddy has continued to pay for the Remembrance Service road closure as previous Cllrs did but this year the Parish Council will need to pay the remaining balance of £10.00.
  • Acknowledgements have been received from the council’s objection to the traveller’s site and the supporting comments for the Methodist Church.
  • The Vice-Chair has asked the Clerk to contact the Town Hall Community Group for a formal written update to be prepared for the July full council meeting. The questions that members would like to ask are, do they have a constitution, do they have a business plan, if they have applied for funding or how the funding side is progressing and timescale.
  • The Tour of Britain will pass through Warsop Parish on Thursday 8th September and will be live on ITV 4 and Eurosport. The District Council have asked for the Parish Councils support along with local community groups to create some decorations, possibly some activities, getting schools involved, etc. The Clerk asked if the Parish Council would consider requesting that all the railings be painted black as some have been left green due to an issue with Via and maybe look into other decorative things such as flowers, etc.

12/2006. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLRS BURGIN, SIMPSON AND WILLIAMSON-COOPER

Cllr Burgin said there was 1 application received. This application was to secure funding for Friends of Warsop Vale to purchase the Sargison Centre.

Cllr Simpson mentioned the tragic passing of Julie Jackson who was a fantastic community champion and achieved so much for the Parish. Cllrs agreed to personally make a donation to buy some flowers from the Parish Council.

13/2006. WARSOP PARISH NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR, VICE-CHAIR OR CLERK

The deadline is 18th July 2022. The Clerk asked all members to consider submitting an article or introduction and on time.

14/2006. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 31/05/2022) - £90,020.22)
Reserved - for Future Sports Provision, previously Meden Sports Center - £10,000
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 31/05/2022) - £33,831.70)
2 Shires Credit Union (Capital Reserves) - £15,000

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • V02017. Meeting refreshments (MAY) - £20.01
    • V02018. A4 envelopes (MAY) - £4.08
    • V02019. Event (decorations) (MAY) - £72.87
    • V02020. Event (balcony decorations) (MAY) - £50.00
    • V02021. Notts City Council (OH) (MAY) - £114.00
    • V02022. Event (cleaning products/refreshments) (MAY) - £86.40
    • V02023. Acer (church yard-May visit) (MAY) - £165.00
    • V02024. Internal Audit (MAY) - £139.95
    • V02025. Event (flags/balloons) (JUN) - £30.97
    • V02026. Event (car park decorations) (JUN) - £70.00
    • V02027. Admin (multiple items) (JUN) - £347.27
    • V02028. Ink (JUN) - £19.98
    • OLB 51. Admin (toiletries) (MAY) - £31.35
    • OLB 52. Acer (church yard-Apr visit) (MAY) - £165.00
    • OLB 53. Poppies (cleaning company) (MAY) - £294.00
    • OLB 54. County Supplies (multiple items) - £102.44
    • OLB 55. Payroll (Apr-Sept) (MAY) - £22.067.71
    • OLB 56. DALC Training (tree insp) (MAY)- £125.00
    • OLB 57. TH insurance valuation (MAY) - £612.00
    • OLB 58. Zoom (MAY) - £143.88
    • OLB 59. Event (entertainment) - £185.00
    • OLB 60. WPN (printing) (MAY) - £784.32
    • OLB 61. Hanging baskets (MAY) - £323.64
    • OLB 62. CAB (surgery fee) (JUN) - £5,000.00
    • OLB 63. S137 (M/V Colts) (JUN) - £500.00
    • OLB 64. Poppies (cleaning company) - £504.00
    • OLB 65. D2 Studio (paper design) (JUN) - £1,100.00
    • OLB 66. Event (banner) (JUN) - £147.00
    • OLB 67. NALC (Cllr training) (JUN) - £45.00
    • OLB 68. S137 (Swallows Green) (JUN) - £500.00
  • Payments due to be paid: None

15/2006. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FOR NOTTS COUNTY COUNCIL

The Clerk has spoken to the County Councillor regarding attending meetings.

16/2006. RECEIVE AN UPDATE FROM MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Cllr Burgin has helped Friends of Warsop Vale secure a defib in the area.

  • Planning
    • 27 Forest Road, Warsop - 1 NO. DETACHED DWELLING
    • The Pines, 138A Egmanton Road, Meden Vale - EXTENSION TO EXISTING DETACHED GARAGE TO FORM 1 NO. DWELLING
    • 11 Woodland Grove, Warsop - TWO STOREY SIDE AND SINGLE STOREY SIDE EXTENSION
  • Parks within the Parish
    Cllr Barlow said the Jubilee event for Swallows Green will be rescheduled for the summer.
    Cllr Burgin said the Warsop Vale Jubilee event went ahead on the green despite the rain. Issues with Carr Lane park were mentioned under agenda item - public participation.

17/2006. DATE OF NEXT MEETING - Monday 18th July 2022

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876