Meeting Minutes 18 January 2016
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 18th JANUARY, 2016 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs. A.Wetton Chairman (MDC), J. Allin (N.C.C.) J. Kerr, (MDC), P. Crawford (MDC), S. Moody, J. Cockroft, S. Adey, J. Brealey, L. Moody, S. Dale and B. Dawson.
15 members of public, Cllr D. Saunders and a reporter from the Chad Newspaper
Cllr Stuart Moody asked the Chairman if he could leave at 7.30pm.
9411. CRIME AND DISORDER
No police present and no written report given. Cllr J. Kerr informed the council he had attended a select 2 meeting regarding moving the police and wardens from the Town Hall into hubs that provide refreshments and toilet facilities. He has asked for a private meeting with Lesley Reece (Community Safety Manager) and the Police Inspector to discuss this further. He also asked the council if we could look at possibly reducing the rental rates for the wardens and police at the Town Hall.
Mansfield District Councillor David Saunders, Portfolio Holder for Regeneration gave an update on Netto. He has met the developers and discussions have taken place with MDC planning officers. The meetings remain positive and a planning application is anticipated shortly. He added that Netto and the planning department are aware of the petition regarding the old cinema building and although new plans do not propose to change the frontage of the new store (Burns Lane), the opportunity to access store from A60 with the removal of the old cinema is being explored. He thanked the council and public for the work on the petition.
- A member of public raised his concerns about the car park being developed in the Local Plan. He also stated that the war memorial needed maintaining better and the Carrs needs more bins and for them to have swing lids rather than being open.
- Another member of public asked about the Sookholme Lane/Drive proposal on the Local Plan.
- A member of public stated that he has put objections forward for both the solar panel farm and the biomass boilers at the school and has not received an acknowledgement. He was also concerned by the lack of communication between Warsop Parish Council and Mansfield District Council about the Local Plan.
- A member of public informed the council about her concerns for the speed limit claimed 60mph past Gleadthorpe cottages in Meden Vale just past the bridge, the footpaths not being accessible for pushchairs, wheelchairs and it is in need of hedges being cut back and there not being enough street lighting.
- A member of public asked for more information about the park at Robin Hood.
- A member of public raised his concerns about how many houses would be built in the Local Plan and that this may the demand on local services like schools and doctors.
9412. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Cllr Moody informed the public that the Local Plan is in draft form for consultation. He only found out about the Warsop consultative meeting 2 days before and he put details on a Warsop discussion group on Facebook. Cllr Crawford stated members of public should put forward their objections/comments to the planning officers at MDC. He reiterated that it is only a draft plan. The Chairman stated that the purpose of the consultation is to generate interest on an aspirational vision of planning for the future across the District. No planning applications to build houses on car parks or fields down Sookholme Lane have been made to MDC. Housing allocation figures are for the whole of Mansfield District.
Cllr Crawford stated that the War Memorial and Carrs car park have been cleaned and tidied up and new seating and bins have been ordered. He gave a report on Robin Hood Park to member of public after the meeting. Cllr Adey mentioned she has requested that the new bins for the Carrs are to have lids.
The Chairman stated that comments and objections put through to planning should be acknowledged.
Cllr Allin informed members of the public that the footpaths at Gleadthorpe are in the Notts County Council works program to be cleared and the hedges cut. He mentioned that the hedges can only be cut at certain times throughout the year due to wildlife. Cllr Adey stated that when she had a clean up on her ward by MDC, she complained that it had not been carried out to a good standard. They returned and made an excellent job second time around and her residents were very satisfied.
Cllr Allin stated that the speed limit 50mph from 30mph as it’s a B road. He will mention this matter to speed watch and see if they can use the speed guns on that stretch of road.
Cllr Allin mentioned that there are funding problems regarding more lights in Meden Vale under the bridge and into the 50mph speed limit.
9413. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr. J. Cockroft
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. P. Crawford, J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr. J. Cockroft, S. Moody and S. Dale.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody, P. Crawford and J. Kerr
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin
Age Concern - Cllrs. J. Allin and P. Crawford
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs. J. Allin and J. Kerr
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs. J. Kerr and P. Crawford
The Friends of Thynghowe - Cllr. B. Dawson
Warsop's Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr. L. Moody
Warsop Vale Village Association - Cllr. P. Crawford
CHAD & Warsop News - Cllr. A. Hardy
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, P. Crawford, J. Kerr S. Moody and S Adey
Boyes - Cllr J. Cockroft.
9414. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Monday 16th November, 2015. Accepted as a true record.
9415. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Monday 23rd November, 2015. Cllr Stuart Moody informed the council that he received correspondence from Cllr Adrian Hardy to request the minutes be amended to say he left the meeting due to illness. The council considered the request but felt the minutes reflected the true events on the night. No one realised Cllr Hardy was ill at the time. Minutes were accepted as a true record without amendment.
9416. COUNCILLOR ADRIAN HARDY (Resignation email)
This item had been placed on the agenda as an email from Cllr Hardy had been received claiming to cease being a Councillor. He had since written a letter of resignation which was considered during an F&GP meeting on 12th January 2016 with recommendation made to council. The letter had also been put under correspondence on the agenda for 18th January 2016.
9417. F&GP meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 9th November 2015. Accepted as a true record.
9418. F&GP meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 30th November 2015. Accepted as a true record.
9419. F&GP meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 12th January 2016. An amendment to be made to minute number 557 – Warsop & District News will be cutting the January and September issues not August as previously stated.
The Chairman informed the council a letter has now been sent to Stuart Whittle regarding Warsop Market.
The Chairman read out the recommendation from this F&GP about Cllr A. Hardy’s resignation. They adhered to Cllr Hardy’s request not to discuss this matter and voted unanimously to accept his resignation. However Cllr Hardy’s request for this not to be acknowledged cannot be met as the council is required to acknowledge this by law.
9420. TOWN HALL
The Chairman informed the council that the Temporary Clerks contract had been finalised and is ready to be signed.
He also informed the council that the Legionella risk assessment was being dealt with and would be carried out shortly.
Cllr J. Kerr spoke to the council about the Town Hall doors not being closed after the Local Plan consultation took place last week. He told Mike Johnson (Warsop Infotech Chairman) to make sure his volunteers check the building before they leave and to make sure if they are the last person responsible that they must lock the door and he asked Councillors if they can do the same.
9421. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS
Cllr Moody gave an update on Warsop & District News. The February issue is ready for print on Friday. The Local Plan is included in this issue as well as a Christmas feature about a Christmas tree competition that took place.
Cllr Stuart Moody left the meeting.
9422. BIG WARSOP
Cllr J. Cockroft informed the council that Big Warsop had agreed to buy a community mini bus. The bus will have the Big Warsop and Meden school logos on it.
She also mentioned that all the Councillors should have received an email inviting them to the Big Warsop community dinner on the 5th February 2016.
9423. WPC WEBSITE
The Chairman stated that the website is up and running and if councillors wish to put anything forward for the website then it is too vetted by the Temporary Clerk.
9424. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Cllr J. Kerr stated that Gary Kirk (Local Government consultant) has a draft plan and will be contacting him soon.
9398. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - £27,865.60 (as at 30th Dec 15)
Premier Account - £33,745.69 (as at 25th Nov 15)
Credit Union Account - £14,998.00
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Payments already paid:
- V01453. Cash - Delivery W&DNs (Feb) - £380.00
- V01454. Minster Cleaning (Nov) - £561.32
- V01455. Titanium Electrical Contractor (new timer & lights) - £175.00
- V01456. MDC - premises licence - £70.00
- V01457. Notts County Council (Christmas trees) - £140.00
- V01458. Mortons (Dec) - £1,163.00
- V01459. Mansfield Fire & Safety Ltd (Fire extinguisher service) - £150.00
- V01460. Second Element (Sept) - £147.00
- V01461. Second Element (Sept) - £29.40
- Payments due to be paid:
- V01462. W&DNs delivery (Feb) - £380.00
- V01463. Mortons (Jan) - £1,163.00
- V01464. Minster Cleaning - £379.97
- V01465. RBL (Supplied 3 wreaths) - £51.00
- V01466. Second Element (Dec) - £176.40
- V01467. Fothermills (Christmas trees) - £768.00
- V01468. Society of Local Council Clerks Membership - £149.00
- V01469. Section 137 - Market Warsop U7’s football team - £100.00
- CV’s for receptionist’s vacancies - 17 CV’s have been received and acknowledged. Short listing panel will be the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Staff Manager and this will also be the interviewing panel.
- The Local Government Boundary Commission letter - Noted
- Letter from a Councillor from the Netherfield Ward - Accepted
- Alert system - Councillors to sign up as individuals if they wish to.
9426. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Cllr J. Allin stated he has already mentioned in public participation about the footpaths at Gleadthorpe being in the works program.
He also mentioned that at the last N.C.C. full council meeting that it was proposed that they become a unitary authority but this was rejected for the time being.
He confirmed that the number 9 bus service is going ahead and that not all funding has been pulled for rural bus services. They may request tenders for a 16 seater mini bus to help cover some of the other rural areas.
9427. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
- Meden School, 1 Burns Lane, Warsop - Erection of enclosed link canopy.
- Woodlands Way, Off Mansfield Road, Spion Kop - Boundary fence adjacent to Mansfield Road and Woodlands Way and kitchen extraction unit to serve care home-retrospective.
- 21 Sookholme Drive, Warsop - Single storey extension to the rear.
- 46A Church Street, Warsop - Construction of a dropped kerb.
- The Mill House, Church Road, Church Warsop - Removal of 3 no. trees within a conservation area.
- 1 Weetman Avenue, Church Warsop - Convert existing garage to a utility room, demolish front porch and re-build. Replacement flat roof over garage and entrance porch with a pitched roof.
- 38 St Peters Avenue, Church Warsop - Single storey front extension with new pitched roof over existing garage.
- 75 Ocean Drive, Warsop - Single storey rear extension.
- Meden School, Burns Lane, Warsop - 2 no. containerised biomass plantrooms with flues.
- 76 Laurel Avenue, Church Warsop - Single storey extension to rear and side of existing shop.
Cllr P. Crawford has sent a 5 year management plan to all Councillors and mentioned that a recommendation has been sent for Green Flag status for the Carrs.
Cllrs J. Kerr and P. Carwford informed the council that they had a meeting last week to discuss the new plans. N.C.C. have also been in contact and have gifted the land.
9428. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 15th February, 2016