Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 17 February 2020

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 17th FEBRUARY, 2020 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs A. Burgin (Chair) (MDC), D. Barlow (Vice Chair) (MDC), A. Wetton (NCC & MDC), K. Hardy, L. Davis and G. Simpson, W. Williamson-cooper, & R. Butler.
Gemma Blagg (Assistant Clerk).
PC Parsons & Sgt Priestley attended for item 6
Members of public 1

Minutes

1/1702. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Age Concern - Cllr. L. Davis.
Association of Labour Councillors - Cllrs A. Wetton, L. Husband and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr A. Burgin.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, W. Williamson-Cooper, R. Butler & L. Davis.
Friends of the Earth - Cllrs R. Butler and K. Hardy.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr, W. Williamson-Cooper & A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow, K. Hardy & R. Butler.
Liberal Democrats Party Member - Cllr K. Hardy.
Meden Vale Colts FC - Cllr A. Wetton.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, J. Cockroft, K. Hardy & W. Williamson-Cooper.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson & W. Williamson-Cooper.
Town Hall Room Hire (Sports 4 kidz) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs J. Cockroft & G. Simpson.

Frack Free Warsop has joined forces with Friends of the Earth.

2/1702. APOLOGIES

Cllrs J. Cockroft and L Husband. Amanda Cooper (Clerk).

3/1702. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – 20th January 2020.

Cllr Butler wanted to reiterate to the council at Frack free Warsop will continue to exist in the background, and, will be back in full force should fracking in our area come up in the future.

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.

4/1702. MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL-PURPOSE MEETING

3/1202 DEFERRED: Council agreed that all the relevant information should be researched and updated at the next F+GP meeting. Councillor Burgin advised the council that there may be a possibility of working with vibrant Warsop to create the paper moving forward.

4/1202 RESOLVED: All in favour of the Parish council buy 66 lamp post poppies.

5/1202 RESOLVED: Council agreed to accept quotes for extended bolts £135 + Vat, new signage £20 + Vat and fire training £295 + Vat. Defer quote for works on the fire escape until summer as this will be the best time to undertake the painting etc.
Defer the fireproof glazing quote. Discuss at the next F+GP when we have obtained a quote for the other option of fireproof plasterboard.

6/1202 RESOLVED: All in favour of Agreeing holidays and make payments as recorded. Gemma is to keep the staffing party updated with how much lieu is being accrued.

7/1202 RESOLVED: It was unanimously agreed to add Cllr Butler on to the online banking approval.

8/1202 Exclusion of Public: In accordance with Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 section 1 (2) the Council exclude the public and press from the meeting by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

9/1202 RESOLVED: The following work was unanimously agreed –
CCTV arrange for the system review to take place and present extra works quotes to be agreed by council.
VE Day Update – Cllrs Davis & Williamson-Cooper approach the council for funding once an amount has been determined.
Church yard tree’s – Book in MDC for Tree inspection and ask for advice on replanting.
Asbestos testing - Accept quote and book in the asbestos testing for Mikes office.
WPC Facebook Page - Cllr Barlow is to remove the parish council page and in time create a new one.

5/1702. MINUTES OF THE STAFFING MEETING – 13th February 2020.

Exclusion of Public:

In accordance with Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 section 1 (2) the Council exclude the public and press from the meeting by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.

6/1702. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM SGT PRIESTLEY

The figures below are a comparison between for 1st October to 31st December 2018 & the same period 2019.

I have included the total number of incidents reported versus the total number of crimes reports, as you will see not all reported incidents are actually recorded as a crime.

Any issues or questions please let me know.

Total Incidents - 984 (2019), 1106 (2018)

Crimes recorded - 210 (2019), 195 (2018) +7.7%

Burglary Dwelling - 9 (2019), 10 (2018) -10%

Burglary Non Dwelling - 0 (2019), 2 (2018) -100%

Theft of Vehicles - 13 (2019), 5 (2018) +160%

Theft from Vehicles - 3 (2019), 6 (2018) -50%

Criminal Damage – 34 (2019), 30 (2018) +13.3%

Arson – 0 (2019), 1 (2018) -100%

Domestic Violence – 50 (2019), 33 (2018) +51.5%

Domestic Violence (Non-crime) – 11 (2019), 6 (2018) +83.3%

Anti-Social Behaviour Incidents (not crimes) – 59 (2019), 126 (2018) -53.2%

Hate Crime – 1 (2019), 1 (2018) 0%

Hate Non-crime - Disability – 0 (2019), 0 (2018) 0%

Hate Non-crime - Race – 1 (2019), 1 (2018) 0%

Public Order Offences – 17 (2019), 19 (2018) -10.5%

The above crimes represent the entire Parish of Warsop area.

Overall the crimes figures are showing a slight increase in the number of crimes recorded from 2018 to 2019; however, this is only a marginal increase which appears to have been caused by the increase in Theft of motor vehicles and Domestic related crimes/non-crimes.

There has again been a positive decrease in Burglary non-dwelling offences & Burglary offences showing 1 & 2 fewer crimes respectively. This is only a small decrease but means 3 fewer victims of such an invasive crime.

Theft of motor vehicles again is showing a significant increase of 8 crimes (+160%) this period, we have however been conducting high visibility and covert patrols late at night & into the early hours of the morning to disrupt and prevent this activity. From observing the crimes figures for the March meeting, the figures are showing a very positive decrease in vehicle crime so this would indicate that we have been somewhat effective in our approach. +160% is in line with the Force’s overall rise in Theft of motor vehicles at +154.4%.

Anti-social behaviour again has seen an decrease of 69 incidents, this I believe is somewhat due to the inclement weather we have experienced over the last several months and the increase in the covert and high-visibility Policing that we have been conducting to disrupt and deter individuals congregating on the High Street.

An application was made to Mansfield District Council for a de-ployable camera to be placed observing the front of the library on the High Street; however this application was rejected due to the camera located not too far away at the bottom of the alleyway leading between the High Street & Clumber Street. This camera however is only able to view the top portion of the library door by looking over the roof of the computer shop. An appeal will be submitted in relation to this.

A joint Operation is being conducted next week with Mansfield District Council Community Safety team in order to link in with the council and for them to assist us in further reducing the Anti-social behaviour incidents.

Cllr Barlow advised Sgt Priestley and Pc Parsons that she was 100% behind them in the appeal regarding the camera and offered that is there is anything that she can do to help, as a district councillor she will.
She mentioned the damage to the fence behind the skatepark and asked if the camera had caught anything?
Pc Parsons explained that the camera covers the front of the skatepark where issues usually arise and that it would be detrimental if it was moved.
Cllr Butler asked if the vehicle theft was in a particular area?
Sgt Priestley responded that theft was up nationwide and that keyless cars seem to be the target currently, as the thieves have technology to boost signals from key fobs – he said that that special bags can be bought from places like Amazon, the fobs are to be kept in these bags which prevent signals from being picked up.
Cllr hardy said that she is concerned that the reason ASB is down is because people have given up reporting as they are unable to get through to 101 – Sgt Priestley understood peoples frustrations but urged them to continue to report crimes – online reporting and crime stoppers on 0800 555 111 can be used also, highlighting that crime stoppers is totally anonymous.
PC Parsons added that only posting on Facebook is no good as the police don’t get to know and that not reporting every crime will not help keep police presence where it is needed the most.
Cllr Burgin reminded the officers that we have a quarterly Parish news and that the council would be happy to publish articles/reporting advice etc.
Pc Parsons went on to advise the council that the Church Warsop old working club is an ongoing problem with severe damaged being caused there. Cllr Burgin said that he will report it to environmental health.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

A member of public was concerned about the following issues within the Parish –

1. The state of the shrub beds on the A60 in particular the ones in the coal trucks, near Dawney Hill and at the back of the Library.
2. The trees along the river across from the Bellway site.
3. The number of hollows on the Paths along the river.
4. The shrubs overgrowing into the pavement from the flats across from the Town hall.
5.Is it possible to get closed top bins on the parks as the rubbish is being blown into the river.
6. Is there 1 main point of contact where these issues can be reported so that people don’t get passed from one person to the next?

7/1702. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

1. Cllr Wetton told the member of public that the shrub beds highlighted had been reported but the problem is that it takes money and there is no money in the budgets – however he will continue to report them.
Cllr Hardy suggested that a local group get together to get the shrubs in order and cut back overgrown areas?
Cllr Burgin offered his email address and said that he would be more than happy to help on a Sunday morning. Cllr Barlow said that friends of the earth could plant some pollinators, she agreed with Cllr Hardy and will work with her to arrange a group event.

2. Cllr Burgin said that he is aware of the trees along the river and has reported it to Andy Chambers MDC.

3. Cllr Burgin agrees that the paths need looking at as the weather has caused more hollows.

4. Cllr Davis lives in the flats across from the Town hall and has said that she will have a look at the overgrown area and report it to the landlord.

5. Cllr Burgin - The bins are slowly getting replaced but the budget does limit how many get done each year, so it is a slow process.

6. Cllr Burgin – Issues can be reported to grime busters or the reception at the Town hall where Michelle can forward them on to the correct councillor or department.

8/1702. REVIEW AND APPROVE 2020/2021 BUDGET

Cllr Hardy was concerned about approving this budget as it does not accommodate the amount of money that is required to maintain the Town Hall – the council should identify that - that work is required and there for the PC need a plan moving forward – Cllr Barlow and Burgin agree.

Cllr Barlow suggests that the budget is approved for the time being and revised quarterly not forgetting the information on the building survey.
Cllr Burgin puts to the council that the budget is agreed and reviewed quarterly?

The council unanimously agreed.

9/1702. FRIENDS OF THE EARTH

Cllr Butler invited All persons present to attend a meeting at Age Concern 29th March 2020 – fighting for the future, the group are hoping to get funding to plant pollinating plants and have agreed a discount with Welbeck nurseries.

Cllr Burgin agreed to attend.

(Cllr Simpson had to leave the meeting at this point & did not return)

10/1702. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED

Cllr Burgin read out a future biogas letter which addressed the smell complaints in Meden Vale area & also updated the council that he would be attending a meeting representing the parish council on the Making Mansfield place board, he asked that if anyone had anything that they would like him to bring up to send him and email with the details.

11/1702. CARNIVAL – UPDATE FROM LUKE SPENCE

Date of the Carnival is the 5th July 2020, Luke has been re-elected as chair of the committee and currently has 8 committee members. The carnival committee will not be doing a parade but Maddy at Vibrant Warsop is looking in to whether this is something that they can do.

12/1702. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLR BURGIN

Big Warsop have a small pot of money left for this term which ends in June, after that they will be moving on to the final 2 years.

13/1702. WARSOP PARISH NEWS

24 Pages in this edition – Well being survey is featured on the front page. The next edition is June and the deadline date for articles and adds is 24th April 2020.
Cllrs Burgin & Barlow urged Cllrs to send updates as the paper is a prime platform.

14/1702. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – UPDATE FROM CLLR BARLOW

No Update.

15/1702. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 17/02/2020 - £71,573.08)
(£5,000 donation for Sports Centre)
(£10,000 reserves for staff back pay)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 17/02/2020 - £33,817.61)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves) - (As of 17/02/2020 - £15,000)

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • V01825 Steve East Redundancy - £1,420.00
    • OLB Kiel Tranter IT Solutions (CHQ VOID V01810) - £75.00
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • V01826 W+DN Delivery - £380.00
    • V01827 W+DN Postage - £80.40
    • V01828 Time assured - £144.00
    • V01829 ASC - £4,026.00
    • V01830 Richard Parker - £345.00

16/1702. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM CLLR WETTON

NCC Budget is being set next week. Cllr Butler was concerned about Doney hill road being dangerous, Cllr Wetton said, that he had asked for the past 2 years for this road to be one way, but the CC are not interested.

17/1702. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Planning Applications

  • 2019/0692/FUL Proposal: WOODEN FRAMED SUMMER HOUSE FOR ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER SEATING AT EXISTING PORTACABIN CAFÉ Site Address: Jessies Cafe Nettleworth Service Station Leeming Lane North Mansfield Woodhouse Mansfield Nottinghamshire
  • Application Ref: 2019/0797/FUL Proposal: CONSTRUCTION OF 10 NO. DWELLINGS AND ASSOCIATED CAR PARKINGSite Address: Former Warsop Vale School Carter Lane Warsop Vale Mansfield Nottinghamshire NG20 8XF
  • 2020/0011/OUT Proposal: OUTLINE APPLICATION WITH SOME MATTERS RESERVED FOR 10 NO. RESIDENTIAL DWELLINGS Site Address: Land Off Woodlands Way Spion Kop Nottinghamshire
  • 2020/0013/LBW Proposal: REPLACE 3 NO. SINGLE GLAZED WINDOWS WITH DOUBLE GLAZED YORKSHIRE SLIDING SASH WINDOW Site Address: 1 Manor Road Church Warsop Mansfield Nottinghamshire NG20 0RQ
  • 2020/0019/CON Proposal: DISCHARGE OF CONDITIONS 3 (EXTERNAL MATERIAL) 19 (WORKS TO TREES) AND 20 (TREE PROTECTION) ON PLANNING APPLICATION 2016/0316/FUL - DEMOLISH EXISTING PUBLIC HOUSE CONSTRUCT CLASS A1 CONVENIENCE STORE WITH ASSOCIATED WAREHOUSE PACE. RE-CONFIGURE CAR PARK WITH ACCESS WIDENED FROM MANSFIELD ROAD AS REQUIRED Site Address: The Gate Inn High Street Warsop Mansfield Nottinghamshire NG20 0BZ
  • 2020/0052/NMA Proposal: NON MATERIAL AMENDMENT TO REPLACE PLAN WITH NEW SITE LAYOUT PLAN TO PLANNING APPLICATION 2016/0224/NT - OUTLINE PLANNING APPLICATION WITH ALL MATTERS RESERVED (EXCEPT FOR ACCESS) TO CONSTRUCT 8 NO. DWELLINGS. Site Address: Land At Mansfield Road Spion Kop Nottinghamshire

The Vice Chair added that full planning for a Lincolnshire CO OP store had been put in for the old Oak Garage on Hetts lane.

Cllr Wetton left the meeting as he is on the planning committee and cannot comment.

A discussion took place regarding Oak Garage site application, Cllr Barlow proposed that the council put in an objection 1. On the grounds that the Parish does not need another CO OP and 2. Due to the congestion and road safety near the school.
Cllr Burgin abstained from the vote; the remaining councillors unanimously agreed.

Cllr Barlow proposed that a further objection was made regarding the trees in No 5. Cllr Burgin abstained from the vote and the remaining councillors unanimously agreed.

The Carrs - Update from Cllr Burgin

No real update – the Carrs is wet!

Meden Baths - Update

No Update.

18/1702. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 16th March 2020

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876