Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 18 November 2019

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 18th NOVEMBER, 2019 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs A. Burgin (Chair) (MDC),D.Barlow (Vice Chair) (MDC) A. Wetton (NCC & MDC), R. Butler, K. Hardy, L. Husband and L. Davis, G. Simpson & W.Williamson-Cooper.
Gemma Blagg (Assistant Clerk) Julie Snowdon (MDC) Town Centre Manager.
Members of public 1

Minutes

1/1811. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Age Concern - Cllr. L. Davis.
Association of Labour Councillors - Cllrs A. Wetton, L. Husband and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr A. Burgin.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, W. Williamson-Cooper, R. Butler & L. Davis.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllrs R. Butler & K. Hardy.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr, W. Williamson-Cooper & A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow, K. Hardy & R. Butler.
Liberal Democrats Party Member - Cllr K. Hardy.
Meden Vale Colts FC - Cllrs J. Kerr & A. Wetton.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, J. Cockroft, K. Hardy & W. Williamson-Cooper.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson & W. Williamson-Cooper.
Town Hall Room Hire (Sports 4 kidz) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr W. Williamson-Cooper.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs J. Cockroft & G. Simpson.

2/1811. APOLOGIES

Cllr J.Kerr & Amanda Cooper (Clerk).

3/1811. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – Monday 21st October 2019.

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.

4/1811. MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL-PURPOSE MEETING – Wednesday 13th November 2019.

RESOLVED: Minute 3/1411 – Council will discuss after Item 8.

RESOLVED: Minute 4/1411 – Council offices will break up for Christmas on 20th December 2019 and re open on 6th January 2020.

RESOLVED: Minute 5/1411 – Free dog bags service will stop when the current supply has run out.

DEFERRED: Minute 6/1411 – Staff investigate what previous action has been taken in the cellar and seek to find a guarantee.

DEFERRED: Minute 7/1411 – Council will discuss the intrusive survey report once it has been received.

RESOLVED: Minute 8/1411 – Council will continue to advertise any casual vacancy’s and the Clerk is to write to any previous candidate to make them aware of new posts.

RESOLVED: Minute 9/1411 – Cllr’s Davis, Butler and the Assistant clerk is to be added on to the bank mandate.

RESOLVED: Minute 10/1411 – (a) Council accept the quote from Pearl Installations.
(b) Council regretfully accept Cllr Kerr’s resignation.
(c) Powers to be transferred to the Clerk & Assistant Clerk to continue making payments.
(d) Clerk to write to the church to see if they will take over or contribute to the upkeep of the churchyard – mean while agree ACER to use herbicide and prune under 10ft at the high street carpark and town hall car park. Also agree the quote for annual maintenance on both car parks & an extra maintenance visit at the churchyard between January – April 2020.
(e) agree to the work experience request.

RESOLVED: The minutes were agreed and accepted as a true record.

5/1811. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM SGT PRIESTLEY

A police report has been given figures relate to 1st August – 31st October

Total Incidents - 844 (2019), 774 (2018)

Burglary Dwelling - 5 (2019), 3 (2018)

Burglary Non Dwelling - 5 (2019), 5 (2018)

Theft of Vehicles - 11 (2019), 5 (2018)

Theft from Vehicles - 2 (2019), 7 (2018)

Domestic Violence – 77 (2019), 74 (2018)

Anti-Social Behaviour – 100 (2019), 156 (2018)

The crimes have occurred all over the Warsop area.

There has been an increase in Burglary Dwelling but of the 5 incidents, 3 are known offenders / people related to the victims
Burglary non dwelling has remained the same at 5 incidents. Three relate to garages / sheds, 1 caravan and 1 is a disused building
Four of the Theft of Vehicles relate to vans and motorbikes being stolen, and a number of the incidents are where keys have been left in the ignition
The two Theft From Vehicles relate to items on display and number plates being stolen
We have had a number of vehicle offences across the district recently where number plates are stolen. They are then put on other vehicles, to commit crimes. If anyone sees anything suspicious, which may relate to this, please contact us immediately
Domestic Violence has seen a slight increase, and there are 12 repeat victims during this period
We continue to conduct patrols to tackle the antisocial behaviour issues, which has seen a decrease during this period

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Eric Hill asked the council when the ARBA development was due to start and if the council had had any luck in getting MDC to help with the churchyard maintenance?

6/1811. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Cllr Wetton had said that the last he heard ARBA were looking to start in February 2020. Cllr Barlow asked if Cllr Wetton had any information on why the planning for the development had been taken back to planning with variations? Cllr Wetton suggested that Martyn Saxton at MDC would be the best person to ask. Cllr Barlow advised the council that she would be investigating this matter. Cllr Burgin’s response to Eric’s second question was an unfortunate no.

7/1811. A DISCUSSION WITH JULIE SNOWDON, TOWN CENTRE MANAGER AT MDC ABOUT WARSOP MARKET

Julie Snowdon (MDC – Town Centre Manager) had asked to attend this meeting to discuss her concerns that the health & safety aspect of the current market was still a big issue and since last year despite the councils effort in moving the market – nothing has changed, her concerns were escalated when she had been made aware some weeks ago that the stalls had been set up differently allowing traffic to move through the market. Julie explained that she had spoken her head of services who suggested that Julie serve the market 4 weeks’ notice, however, she didn’t want to do this before speaking to the council to see if they had any other idea’s or information regarding the proposed move to the hare and hounds. Cllr Burgin advised Julie that other options had previously been explored and for the short term the Hare & Hounds car park was the favoured move, however that option has been a lot more complicated than originally anticipated and now the council are faced with paying over a thousand pounds in order to obtain a three way licence to move the market over to the Hare & Hounds site, he advised Julie that the council had to make a resolution on the market tonight. Julie left the meeting and asked for the council to keep her up to date with the decision.

Cllr Davis proposed that the market close as it is and re open at the new strand site as and when this is possible, Cllr Hardy seconded this. Cllr Wetton gave a brief history of the market and explained that it had been set up by Warsop regeneration group and was not the responsibility of the council until a couple of years ago when it became clear that the group could no longer manage it due to lack of finances, he explained that markets are dying all over the country and ours is no exception and for that reason he agreed with Cllr Davis & Hardy. Cllr Barlow said that it will be a sad day when notice is given for our current market, however, wants to make it clear that it would not be a complete closure of Market Warsop market it would be time to work on rejuvenating the market and looking in to new ideas of craft markets etc also, Cllr Butler agreed saying that a full marketing campaign and search for more stalls would have to happen before a grand re opening at a new site.

A vote was taken on serving the current market notice and for the last market to take place on Thursday 19th December – Cllr Hardy suggested a working party be formed within the new year.
The vote was unanimous. Action agreed - The clerk’s office should draft a letter to the stall holders advising the official closure of the current market, the letter should be hand delivered Thursday. Notice should also be given to the owner of storage unit that the stalls are kept in and arrangements should be made for all stalls to be moved over to the Town hall before the new year.

8/1811. DISCUSS THE RESULTS OF THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING CONSULTANTION

Discussion was deferred until after the big Warsop update where councillors were informed of the breakdown in partnership of Vibrant Warsop & Warsop youth club.

DEFERRED DISCUSSION Cllr Burgin explained that the insight report of the health & wellbeing was complete – he explained that this had been done independently with no influence from the council, he said that is a good report which captures everything that the community has said, there are recommendations in there – short term, medium term and long term, some include Vibrant Warsop which may not happen given the current situation but others that can happen such as bus services to leisure facilities etc. He recognises that the sports centre is featured in the report and is hopeful about funding for this, however, He made it clear that this report was not only regarding a leisure centre, it covers health and wellbeing for all and is ultimately about getting none active people, active. Cllr Burgin asked that all councillors take a copy of the report to read and report back with any comments and feedback.
Cllr Barlow asked Cllr Burgin if the report will go to full MDC council and if MDC are committed financially, to working with it? Cllr Burgin replied that the Cabinet of MDC have accepted the report and its findings and that it will go to full council as and when money is needed. Cllr Husband asked if there is a proposed site for a new Leisure centre? Cllr Burgin said that the report is, at this point, just an insight/step one and if a new centre was to be built the specifics would come later, However, he assured the Council that the Parish Council are part of the project.

13/1811. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED

Cllr Cockroft, Hardy and Davis will be doing a Christmas appeal called the Christmas smile campaign, they will be providing Christmas food and gifts to selected nominated families – all donations can be taken to the town hall. Cllr Barlow has offered to donate using some of her ward allowance.

10/1811. CARNIVAL – UPDATE FROM LUKE SPENCE

The AGM will now take place on 8th January 2020.

11/1811. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLR BURGIN

The partnership between Warsop youth club and Vibrant Warsop has unfortunately broken down and as a result Vibrant Warsop will no longer be managing the shed Warsop youth club will do this moving forward. Cllr Wetton had concerns regarding the funding that had already been sort and what would happen to it? Cllr Burgin advised that there is a Big Warsop on Wednesday where they will discuss any funding that has not been drawn on.

12/1811. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE EDITOR OR CLERK

Assistant Clerk updated the council the Warsop news, it is the first edition for the college and they have worked hard so far to produce the in draft copy – Cllrs Burgin & Barlow will be proof reading this and making amendment and the paper should be ready to print on Friday. The front page features the funding success for the parish centre.

13/1811. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – UPDATE FROM CLLR BARLOW

There has been no real movement in the neighbourhood plan, Cllr Barlow is looking for a consultant as the lady who was helping from MDC although is independent is no longer allowed to help. Cllr Barlow will be looking at the end of January/ February time for a consultant and will look at other local plans outside of the district for which consultants were used in hope that they will help. If a consultant cannot be found Cllr Barlow will seriously consider leaving the Neighbourhood plan and remains confident that there is no way the original plan would have passed.

14/1811. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 18/11/2019 - £78,279.68)
(£5,000 donation for Sports Centre)
(£10,000 reserves for staff back pay)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 18/11/2019 - £33,813.39)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves) - (As of 18/11/2019 - £15,000)

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • OLB226. ACER Grounds Maintenance - £165.00
    • OLB227. Market Storage NOV - £108.33
    • OLB228. Pearl Installations - £100.80
    • OLB229. Microsoft Renewal - £406.08
    • OLB230. ACS Asbestos Survey - £480.00
    • OLB231. County Supplies - £46.06
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • V01802. Tie Wraps & Steps - £9.49
    • OLB232. Market Storage DEC - £108.33

16/1811. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM CLLR WETTON

Notts County Council works on forest road is now complete, a good job has been made and the residents seem happy.

17/1811. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Cllr Burgin updated the council that the meeting regarding the Town Hall with the Mayor was unfortunately cancelled due to the officers being called to the land slip in Mansfield. Cllr Barlow is in contact with Kerry Vardy (MDC) and will be arranging another one for herself, Cllr Wetton and Cllr Butler to attend.

Planning Applications

  • 15 Grove Road, Church Warsop - FRONT PORCH.
  • 160 Mansfield Road, Warsop - NOTIFICATION FOR PRIOR APPROVAL FOR A PROPOSED LARGER HOME EXTENSION UNDER THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 - SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION.
  • Land at Burns Lane Warsop, REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 15 (FLOOR SALES PERCENTAGE) 16 (FLOOR AREA & MEZZANINE) AND 17 (HOURS OF OPERATION) ON PLANNING PERMISSION 2019/0252/FUL – DEMOLITION OF FORMER (VACANT) STRAND CINEMA ASSOCIATED BOUNDARY WALLS AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF RETAIL/LEISURE PARK ON SITE.
  • 43 Sherwood Street Warsop Mansfield Nottinghamshire NG20 0JR - DROPPED KERB. 2019/0663/FUL
  • 49 Sherwood Street Warsop Mansfield Nottinghamshire, NOTIFICATION FOR PRIOR APPROVAL FOR A PROPOSED LARGER HOME EXTENSION UNDER THE TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING (GENERAL PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 – SINGLE STORY EXTENSION 2019/0673/FUL

Cllr Barlow mentioned again the concerns with application number 3, as spoken about earlier in the meeting. She reiterated that she will find out more information.
Cllr Burgin advised everyone that the MDC full council meeting will be held tomorrow.

The Carrs - Update from Cllr Burgin

Update included the land slip into the river and information that MDC have put up temporary fencing to secure the area and will be revisiting the site to put up a more permanent solution as the environmental agency are unable to attend/deal with the site within the immediate future. There are also a lot of rare black headed gulls on the Carrs and the council were advised that the wildlife trust will be catching and tagging some to learn more about their migration etc.

Meden Baths - Update

Cllr Burgin updated that Warsop Parish Council still have £5000 ring fenced to help re open the sports hall and grass pitches, but more money is needed to add to this fund. Cllr Wetton suggested that with vibrant Warsop pulling out of the management of the shed, now would be a good time to consider them looking at the management of the centre and said that with this in mind it could change some of the stumbling blocks which the school and county council were dubious about. Cllr Burgin had said that that would be something that could be considered.

19/1811. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 20th January 2020

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876