Meeting Minutes 18 March 2019
MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 18th MARCH, 2019 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs J. Cockroft (Chairman), A. Burgin (Vice-Chairman), J. Kerr (MDC), R. Butler, S. Dale, A. Wetton (MDC & NCC), G, Simpson and L. Davis.
Amanda Cooper (Clerk) and Gemma Blagg (Assistant Clerk).
Sgt N. Priestley and PC K. Parsons.
5 members of public
9796. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Age Concern - Cllr. J. Allin.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, J. Kerr, S. Adey and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllrs A. Burgin and S. Adey.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr, W. Williamson-Cooper and A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
Meden School Board of Governors - Cllr. S. Adey.
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs J. Allin & S. Adey.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Committee - Cllrs J. Cockroft, D. Barlow, L. Davis, R. Butler, J. Kerr, A. Wetton and A. Burgin.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson.
Town Hall Room Hire (Sports 4 kidz) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival - W. Williamson-Cooper and S. Adey.
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. J. Kerr and J. Allin.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs J. Cockroft and G. Simpson.
Welbeck Colliery the Future - Cllrs J. Allin, J. Kerr & S. Adey.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.
Cllrs S. Adey, J. Allin, D. Barlow and W. Williamson-Cooper.
9797. TO APPROVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Monday 18th February 2019
RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.
9798. MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING – Thursday 14th March 2019.
Exclusion of Public
In accordance with Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 section 1 (2) the Council exclude the public and press from the meeting by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
The Chair moved this item to the end of the agenda and excluded press and public.
9799. CRIME AND DISORDER
Sgt Priestley read out crime figures for December, January and February.
Burglary - 11 (6 dwellings and 5 other premises such as garages and business premises)
Vehicle crime - 12 (5 theft of vehicles)
Criminal damage - 22 (mainly damage to vehicles and properties)
Domestic Violence - 80 (includes repeat victims)
ASB - 125 (all over the Parish and a recorded at different times and days)
Not all incidents above are classed as crimes.
Cllr Burgin raised his concerns about ASB and incidents on Carr Lane.
Sgt Priestley is hoping to add another PC dedicated to the Warsop Parish Police Team.
Bill Power spoke about the travellers, dispersal order, boy racers around the Carrs car park area and the Mayors Commission.
9800. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Cllr Kerr referenced the 92 recommendations from the Mayors Commission and stated the Mayor hasn’t acted on any of them yet.
Cllr Wetton explained the process for removing travellers within Warsop Parish and the District.
Cllr Burgin asked the Clerk to contact Sgt Priestley to find out if the temporary cameras were installed in the Carrs car park that was mentioned at a previous meeting.
9801. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED
The Chair read out the Clerk’s update.
- Cover is required for the Town Hall in April due to annual leave.
- Parish Council staff are finding it difficult to retrieve 3 quotes for the church yard maintenance. The Chair asked Cllrs if they could help or look at making Acer Grounds Maintenance a contractor for the council.
- Kenny and Karen Bonsall want to hire room 9 on a permanent basis for a printing company. They are willing to be flexible and allow the Parish Council to continue using the room for elections and other events (NP Workshops, Dress Making course, Local Plan and First Aid training). They are willing to pay £200 a month and require the room immediately.
- The Chair asked Cllrs to speak to the Clerk if they could help provide cover for the Town Hall.
- The council agreed to help retrieve the required quotes.
- The council unanimously agreed to the room hire for Kenny and Karen Bonsall.
9802. CARNIVAL - UPDATE FROM LUKE SPENCE
No update received from Carnival Chairman, Luke Spence.
9803. BIG WARSOP - UPDATE FROM CLLR BURGIN
The application process is still open, and some applications have already been accepted.
9804. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS - UPDATE FROM THE EDITOR OR CLERK
No update due to the paper changing to quarterly editions.
9805. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN - UPDATE FROM CLLR BARLOW
No update due Cllr Barlow’s absence.
9806. FRACKING – UPDATE FROM CCLR BUTLER
Cllr Butler asked councillors to read the information on fracking given to them.
Cllr Butler proposed that Warsop Parish Council supports the declaration of climate emergency.
RESOLVED: The council unanimously voted to support the proposal.
The Chair asked the council to vote on allowing Frack Free Warsop to use the Town Hall balcony to display an anti-fracking banner.
Cllr Wetton excused himself from the meeting before the vote due to a conflict of interest.
RESOLVED: The council unanimously agreed to allow a banner to be displayed on the balcony of the Town Hall.
Cllr Wetton was asked to return to the meeting.
9807. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - (As of 18/03/2019 £57,427.87)
(£5000 reserved for C.A.B.)
(£5000 donation for Sports Centre)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 18/03/2019 £33,802.04)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves-Capital) - £15,000
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Payments already paid:
- Payments due to be paid:
- V01783. Cash - Postage - £80.00
- OLB156. Market Stalls Storage (Rent) - £108.33
- DD. Initial - £487.55
- OLB157. D2 Studio - £1,000.00
- OLB158. Notts County Supplies - £67.50
- OLB159. Notts County Supplies - £13.68
- OLB160. Mortons - £1,163.00
- OLB161. Notts County Supplies - £35.02
- OLB162. Came & Company - £1,203.85
- OLB163. Scribe2000 - £416.40
9808. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM CLLR WETTON
NCC approved an increase to the council tax at the budget meeting.
Cllr Wetton presented 2 petitions to the County Council.
One was for signing work and a reduction to the speed limit on Forest Rd. This has been accepted by NCC.
The second was for a zebra crossing outside Sherwood Junior School.
NCC will endeavour to fill the vacant crossing patrol role but won’t agree to a zebra crossing due to the demands only being at school opening and closing times.
9809. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
Cllr Wetton agreed with Cllr Kerr’s comments about the Mayors Commission under matters arising out of public participation. District Cllrs are barred from asking anymore questions in relation to the Mayors Commission.
Cllr Wetton asked the Mayor if she was planning to re-open leisure facilities in the Parish at the last District Council meeting to which she didn’t give a good response to.
He listed issues with the Mayor in relation to the park at Church Warsop and then the proposed housing development on that park, taking credit for the potential development by ARBA Group and the Christmas ice rink that lost £90,000 which could have been used to manage Meden Sports Centre for another year.
At the last District Council meeting Cllr Burgin proposed a motion regarding climate change emergency. The council agreed to look in to the matter and write a report for full council but he had to change the wording of his proposal first.
- 42 Mansfield Road, Spion Kop - CHANGE OF USE OF LAND FROM CARAVAN STORAGE TO RESIDENTIAL AN ERECTING A DETACHED RESIDENTIAL ANNEXE
- 42 Mansfield Road, Spion Kop - NON MATERIAL AMENDMENTS TO APPLICATION 2018/0690/HHA (SINGLE STOREY SIDE EXTENSION) COMPRISING REDUCED GARAGE AND GARAGE DOOR WIDTHS; INCLUSION OF DOOR TO FRONT ELEVATION OF DWELLING; PROVISION OF HALLWAY AND STAIRCASE; PROVISION OF DOMESTIC ROOF STORE; ADDITION OF 1NO ROOFLIGHT TO THE REAR ROOF SLOPE AND 3NO. ROOFLIGHTS TO THE FRONT ROOF SLOPE; INCLUSION OF NEW WINDOW TO THE HALLWAY IN THE REAR ELEVATION AND RE-POSITIONED THE REAR GARAGE DOOR.
- St Peter And St Paul Church, Bishops Walk, Church Warsop - WORKS TO AND REMOVAL OF TREES COVERED BY A TREE PRESERVATION ORDER AND WITHIN A CONSERVATION AREA.
- Land Adjacent Three Lions Public House, Netherfield Lane, Meden Vale - OUTLINE APPLICATION FOR 3 NO. HOUSES INCLUDING ACCESS.
The Carrs - Update from Cllr Burgin
Cllr Butler asked about a rumour regarding a café on the Carrs.
Cllr Burgin informed him that as part of the Mayors Commission, Cllrs walked around the Carrs and he suggested it would be an ideal location for a café.
Cllr Kerr had plans drawn up a few years ago for an indoor/outside café area.
Phase 1 of the works for 3 new pieces of playground equipment and the frame will go ahead in April. The Awards for All application was unsuccessful and there is another application being processed by NCCs Local Improvement Scheme.
Meden Baths - Update
Exclusion of Public
In accordance with Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 section 1(2) the Council exclude the public and press from the meeting by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
9810. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 15th April 2019