Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 17 June 2019

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 17th JUNE, 2019 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs A. Burgin (Chairman) (MDC), D. Barlow (Vice-Chair) (MDC), J. Kerr, J. Cockroft, R. Butler, W. Williamson-Cooper, L. Husband, G, Simpson and L. Davis.
Amanda Cooper (Clerk)
Executive Mayor Andy Abrahams
2 Chad Newspaper Reporters

Minutes

1/1706. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Williamson-Cooper declared that he is no longer part of Carnival Committee.

Age Concern - Cllr. L. Davis.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs A. Wetton, J. Kerr, L. Husband and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr A. Burgin.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, W. Williamson-Cooper, R. Butler, L. Davis and J. Kerr.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr, W. Williamson-Cooper and A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, J. Cockroft, J. Kerr and W. Williamson-Cooper.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson.
Town Hall Room Hire (Sports 4 kidz) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival - Cllr S. Adey.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs J. Cockroft and G. Simpson.
Welbeck Colliery the Future - Cllr J. Kerr.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.

2/1706. RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr A. Wetton and Sgt Priestley.

3/1706. EXECUTIVE MAYOR - ANDY ABRAHAMS - INTRODUCTION

The Chair moved this item to ‘discuss matters arising out of public participation’.

4/1706. MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL – Monday 13th May 2019.

RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.

5/1706. MINUTES OF STAFFING WORKING PARTY MEETING – Monday 16th May 2019.

The Chair moved this item to the end of the meeting to confidential items.

Exclusion of Public
In accordance with Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 section 1 (2) the Council exclude the public and press from the meeting by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

6/1706. MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENRAL-PURPOSE MEETING – Wednesday 12th June 2019.

The Chair moved this item to the end of the meeting to confidential items.

Exclusion of Public
In accordance with Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 section 1 (2) the Council exclude the public and press from the meeting by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.

7/1706. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM SGT PRIESTLEY

Sgt Priestley emailed a report to the Clerk.

The report covers 1st March to 31st May 2019 and the same period for 2018.
Burglary Dwelling – 7 (2019), 5 (2018)
Burglary Other – 2 (2019), 6 (2018)
Theft of vehicle – 1 (2019), 6 (2018)
Theft from vehicle - 7 (2019), 8 (2018)
ASB – 114 (2019), 143 (2018)
Domestic Violence – 84 (2019), 67 (2018)

The crimes have occurred all over the Warsop area
There has been an increase in Burglary Dwelling and a decrease in Burglary Other. Both Burglary Other relate to business premises
2 of the vehicle crimes relate to number plates being stolen, and 2 relate to vans being broken into
We continue to conduct patrols to tackle the antisocial behaviour issues, which has seen a decrease
Domestic Violence has seen an increase, but there is nothing specific to indicate the reasons for this.

Cllr Barlow has arranged a meeting for herself and the Chair with Insp Butler and Sgt Priestley to discuss staffing.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Bill Power asked if the CCTV is switched on at the Carrs as he has reported a lot of dog fouling incidents, vandalism and people taking drugs.
He stated that Warsop Memorial and the Sgt Robert Bye bench are in a poor state.
The steps at the Carrs are cracked and broken with bushes growing out of them.
He asked if wildlife signs to warn drivers could be installed on the stretch of road near the Carrs.
He stated the Plough are a credit to Warsop Parish and provide event night’s and a veteran’s breakfast.

David Spivey spoke about the people of the Parish paying higher council tax amount due to having a Parish Council and that a lot of the money the Parish Council receives is spent on the upkeep of the Town Hall. He asked what do the people of Warsop Parish get for the extra council tax.
He also spoke about a resident’s meeting that Cllr Barlow and LWS has arranged for Wednesday 19th June at the Hare & Hounds at 6.30pm to discuss the planning applications for the Gladmans housing development on the A60 and Co-op Central application for the Gate Inn on the A60.

Karen Hardy thanked the Mayor for attending and asked him what his vision for/plan for Warsop Parish was. She asked what his thoughts are on the potential housing increase of 25% and a population increase of 30%.
She also asked if the Mayor could explain why the Co-op seem to have a monopoly on Warsop.
Karen also asked about the application to Notts County Council for signs near the Carrs to warn drivers about swans and ducks in the area.

Mrs Briggs asked if she was the only one who objects to the demolition of the Gate Inn. She said the current plans don’t fit on that site and does Warsop need another Co-op.
She also raised her concerns about the 320-housing application.

8/1706. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Cllr Barlow stated that the demolition of the Gate Inn will be heard at planning at the end of July and the 320-house development should be heard at the September planning meeting, there is a screening option on this application. A resident’s meeting will be held to discuss both applications as mentioned in Public Participation.
Cllr Barlow agrees with Mrs Briggs comments about the demolition of the Gate Inn and is against the 320-house development due to plans already being passed for 400 houses at Stonebridge.

The Chair is aware of the dog fouling and knows it’s a constant issue. There is CCTV at the Carrs but isn’t used frequently and is waiting to hear from the police about a mobile camera. The Chair will ask the District Council about the steps, Memorial and the Sgt Bye bench. He said the Clerk will speak to Cllr Wetton regarding the wildlife signs.

Cllr Kerr spoke about the precept and how the Parish Council has taken responsibility for the Town Hall and High St car park so the people of the Parish wouldn’t lose them and responsibility for the church yard maintenance had been passed to the Parish Council.
The Chair also mentioned that they support local groups like Carnival through S137 applications, employ staff from the area and reserved funds for the sports centre.

Item 3 on the agenda was discussed.

The Mayor introduced himself and spoke about his background as a civil engineer and a teacher. He explained that he is looking at every aspect in the District Council and asking the questions ‘why are we doing it this way’ and ‘can it be done in a different way’. He will look at the previous Mayors commission for Warsop and see if any of the recommendations that can be achieved. He stated that he is still learning the role and will endeavour to be honest, straight forward, listen, communicate and be committed to this role.

9/1706. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED

  • Virgin Media are rolling out their services in the Parish of Warsop over the coming months.

  • Gemma and I have VAT and Contracts and Procurement training on 9th and 16th July in Epperstone.

  • Michelle Ward (Receptionist) is on annual leave this week and will be back on Wednesday 26th June.
    Amanda Cooper will be on annual leave on 26th and 27th June and 11th July.

  • Gemma and I are looking at potentially planning a Parish Council event for the 75th anniversary VE Day celebrations next year on Friday 8th may. Once we have a plan it can be brought to a F&GP meeting.

Cllr Butler asked the council to contact any governors on the Parish Council to ask them not to support a fitness and health program INEOS are sponsoring in primary schools.
The Chair stated Cllr Butler could ask any Parish Council governors himself or as part of Frack Free Warsop but it couldn’t be done through the Parish Council.

10/1706. CARNIVAL – UPDATE FROM LUKE SPENCE

Luke gave an update to the Clerk. All is well and running on schedule. Event boards will be placed on the tree’s this week and the committee are currently looking at the cost of new orange fencing as the current one is torn and falling apart in places.

11/1706. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLR BURGIN

There is a small amount of money left in the current 2-year plan. The new plan will be brought forward next year and should bring the project to an end once completed.

12/1706. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE EDITOR OR CLERK

No update due to quarterly editions and the design part of the paper is part of the F&GP minutes.

13/1706. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – UPDATE FROM CLLR BARLOW

The NP Group have applied for a grant of £9,000 to assist with putting the plan together and help with the publication of the plan. Peoples thoughts haven’t changed from 2014 when Cllr Kerr was working on the plan.

14/1706. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 17/06/2019 - £85,833.31)
(£5,000 donation for Sports Centre)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 17/06/2019 - £33,806.25)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves-Capital) - £15,000

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • OLB180. Internal Audit - £114.45
    • OLB181. NALC Cllr Training - £105.00
    • OLB182. NALC VAT Training - £90.00
    • OLB183. Acer Grounds Maintenance - £165.00
    • OLB184. AB Waste - £30.00
    • OLB185. AB Waste - £230.00
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • OLB186. Market Rates - £37.00
    • OLB187. Market Storage - £108.33
    • OLB188. MDC Payroll - £20,054.57
    • OLB189. Notts County Supplies - £3.38
    • OLB190. D2 Studio - £1,000.00
    • OLB191. JPI Media Printing - £701.06
    • OLB192. Notts County Supplies - £55.17

15/1706. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM CLLR WETTON

No update due to Cllr Wetton’s absence.

16/1706. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Cllr Barlow stated that Independent Councillors haven’t been selected for any roles on committees within the District Council due to Conservative Councillors not agreeing to include Independent Councillors in the selection process at the last minute.

Cllr Cockroft left the meeting.

The Mayor will try to rectify this and make Independent Councillors available for selection.

Planning Applications

  • Land at Burns Lane, Warsop - DEMOLITION OF FORMER (VACANT) STRAND CINEMA ASSOCIATED BOUNDARY WALLS AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF A RETAIL/LEISURE PARK ON SITE.

  • 36 Birkland Avenue, Warsop - REAR EXTENSION.

  • The Gate Inn, High Street, Warsop - DEMOLISH EXISTING PUBLIC HOUSE CONSTRUCT CLASS A1 CONVENIENCE STORE WITH ASSOCIATED WAREHOUSE SPACE. RE-ONFIGURE CAR PARK WITH ACCESS WIDENED FROM MANSFIELD ROAD AS REQUIRED.

  • 59 Mansfield Road, Spion Kop - DROPPED KERB.

  • 12 Cedars Close, Spion Kop - NOTIFICATION FOR PRIOR APPROVAL FOR A PROPOSED LARGER HOME EXTENSION UNDER THE TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING (GENERAL PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 - SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION.

  • 23 Manor Road, Church Warsop - MOVE 2M HIGH BOUNDARY FENCE, 2M OVERLAP FENCE TO THE EAST SIDE OVER A DISTANCE OF 20M.

  • Land Off Mansfield Road, Warsop - OUTLINE APPLICATION FOR THE ERECTION OF UP TO 320 DWELLINGS INCLUDING 20% AFFORDABLE HOUSING, WITH PUBLIC OPEN SPACE, STRUCTURAL PLANTING AND LANDSCAPING, SURFACE WATER FLOOD MITIGATION AND ATTENUATION AND VEHICULAR ACCESS POINT FROM MANSFIELD ROAD. ALL MATTERS RESERVED EXCEPT FOR MEANS OF VEHICULAR ACCESS.

  • Land Off Mansfield Road, Warsop - SCREENING OPINION TO DETERMINE WHETHER AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT IS REQUIRED TO ACCOMPANY OUTLINE PLANNING APPLICATION REFERENCE 2019/0359/OUT.

The Carrs - Update from Cllr Burgin

There was a deliberate fire on the playground. There could be more money available if grant applications are successful.

Meden Baths - Update

A well being consultation is currently open for the people of the Parish.

17/1706. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 15th July 2019

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876