Annual Meeting Minutes 13 May 2019
MINUTES of the Parish Council Annual Meeting held on MONDAY 13th MAY, 2019 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs A. Burgin (Chair) (MDC), D Barlow (Vice-Chair) (MDC), J. Kerr, A. Wetton (NCC & MDC), J. Cockroft, L. Davis, R. Butler, G. Simpson, W. Willimson-Cooper and L. Husband.
Amanda Cooper (Clerk) and Gemma Blagg (Assistant Clerk)
1 member of public.
1/1305. ELECTION OF CHAIR
Cllr A. Wetton proposed Cllr A. Burgin and Cllr J. Kerr seconded it.
RESOLVED: It was unanimously agreed that Cllr A. Burgin would become the Chair of Warsop Parish Council.
2/1305. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIR
Cllr A. Wetton proposed Cllr D. Barlow and Cllr L. Husband seconded it.
Cllr J. Kerr proposed Cllr J. Cockroft and L. Davis seconded it.
Councillors voted 7 to 3 in favour of Cllr Debra Barlow.
RESOLVED: It was agreed that Cllr D. Barlow would become the Vice-Chair of Warsop Parish Council.
3/1305. DECLARATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
Declarations of acceptance of office of all Councillors were signed and witnessed by A. Cooper, The Proper Officer.
4/1305. ELECTION OF FINANCE & GENRAL-PURPOSE WORKING PARTY MEMBERS
5-6 members are required for the working party and this includes the Chair and Vice-Chair. Cllrs raised their hands if they wanted to join the working party.
RESOLVED: The new members of the F&GP Working Party are Cllrs A. Burgin (Chair), D. Barlow (Vice-Chair), W. Williamson-Cooper, R. Butler, L. Davis, J. Kerr.
6/1305. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Age Concern - Cllr L. Davis.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, J. Kerr, L. Husband and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr A. Burgin.
Birklands School Board of Governors - Cllr G. Simpson.
Finance & General-Purpose Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, W. Williamson-Cooper, R. Butler, L. Davis and J. Kerr.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr, W. Williamson-Cooper and A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
School Board of Governors (Eastlands & Netherfield) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Sports 4 kidz - Cllr G. Simpson.
Staffing Working Party - Cllrs A. Burgin, D. Barlow, J. Cockroft, J. Kerr and W. Williamson-Cooper.
The Rotary Club - Cllr G. Simpson.
Town Hall Room Hire (Sports 4 kidz) - Cllr G. Simpson.
Warsop Carnival - W. Williamson-Cooper.
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. J. Kerr and J. Allin.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs J. Cockroft and G. Simpson.
Welbeck Colliery the Future - Cllr J. Kerr.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.
8/1305. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – Monday 15th April 2019.
RESOLVED: Agreed and accepted as a true record.
9/1305. CRIME AND DISORDER – REPORT FROM SGT PRIESTLEY
Sgt Priestley read out crime figures for the last 3 months.
Burglary – 7
Vehicle Crime – 5
(2 theft of and 3 theft from)
Criminal Damage – 22
Includes vehicle and property damage)
ASB – 116
Domestic Violence – 72
Cllr Barlow reported some issues with anti-social behaviour by youths on High Street. Sgt Priestley explained that the police try to deal with the issue directly first and then if that doesn’t work, they will request the dispersal order be used.
Cllr Kerr asked if the people responsible for the damage to the changing rooms on Carr Lane had been punished.
Sgt Priestley will look into what is happening with this case.
Cllr Husband reported issues with children doing wheelies on their push bikes on the wrong side of the road.
PC Kev Parsons is working with schools and often visits Meden at the end of the school day as children are leaving. He asked people to take photos or videos of the incidents and report them so they can use it as evidence to be able to visit the parents and children regarding this matter.
The Chair thanked the police for their help with the off-road bike issues and for attending the meeting.
Karen Hardy asked for the Parish Councils views on the new 320-housing development on the A60 near the railway bridge on Mansfield Rd.
10/1305. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Cllrs Wetton and Barlow were not happy with how MDC officers had dealt with relaying incorrect or untruthful information to District Councillors.
Cllrs Barlow and Burgin were against the 320-housing development.
11/1305. INTERNAL AUDIT
The Council viewed the internal report from Barrie Woodcock and discussed the recommendation he made.
RESOLVED: The council agreed to increase the fidelity guarantee insurance to 250k as recommended in the internal auditor.
12/1305. EXTERNAL AUDIT
The Council viewed the annual return. There were no comments from Councillors regarding the external audit.
RESOLVED: The Council accepted the external audit and the Chair signed it.
13/1305. GEMMA DENTON’S REPORT AND TOWN HALL CONSULTATION
Councillors viewed the report from Gemma Denton.
Cllr Kerr suggested that District Councillors negotiate a new Town Hall deal between the Parish Council and District Council and to continue looking into new premises if a new deal cannot be arranged.
Cllr Barlow has spoken to the newly elected Mayor and asked for a dedicated officer for Warsop.
The Council agreed that the Clerk should work on the 3-year financial plan for the Town Hall that is required for compliance with Financial Regulations.
Cllr Husband left to attend another meeting.
14/1305. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR/CLERK IF REQUIRED
- Mansfield 103.2 radio station visited the Town Hall and offered to cover any events the Parish Council are running in the future.
- The Clerk thanked Gemma Blagg for her help with the audit process.
- A new councillor training form was passed around to councillors. Cllrs Barlow, Butler and Williamson-Cooper would like to attend.
- The Clerk and Assistant Clerk will be meeting with the owners of the new market location on Wednesday 29th May to hopefully move forward with the new plan.
- ARBA Group have confirmed that they would like to hold an information event for the residents of the Warsop Parish regarding a planning application they have recently submitted. This event will be held on Wednesday 22nd May from 3pm till 6pm in room 9 at the Town Hall.
- Margaret Waterfall (Parish Council cleaner) will be off work for 2 weeks due to an eye operation.
Cllr Kerr asked Parish Councillors to take part in the international clean up day on 7th June 2019.
15/1305. CARNIVAL – UPDATE FROM LUKE SPENCE
The Carnival Chairman gave an update to the Clerk – the posters are now done and everything else is on track ready for the Carnival in July.
16/1305. BIG WARSOP – UPDATE FROM CLLR BURGIN
Cllr Burgin did not attend the last meeting so there is no update.
17/1305. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS – UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR, VICE-CHAIR OR CLERK
The Clerk gave the update. The designer is currently working on the June issue so the proof of the paper should be ready soon. Warsop Infotech Group should be on the front page as they are celebrating 25yrs.
18/1305. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – UPDATE FROM CLLR BARLOW
Cllr Barlow is waiting to hear confirmation on the funding the group has applied for. The group are still meeting to continue working on the plan.
19/1305. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - (As of 13/05/19 - £91,252.60)
(£5000 for Meden Sports Centre)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 13/05/19 - £33,804.77)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves) - £15,000
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Payments already paid:
- V01787. S137 - Carnival - £4000.00
- OLB172. Acer Grounds Maintenance - £165.00
- OLB173. Acer Grounds Maintenance - £165.00
- Payments due to be paid:
- V01788. W&DNs Delivery - £380.00
- V01789. Glascraft - £30.00
- V01790. C.A.B - £5,000.00
- OLB174. AB Waste - £230.00
- OLB175. Konica Minolta - £99.78
- OLB176. Market Storage - £108.33
- OLB177. Market Rates - £35.25
- OLB178. Notts County Supplies - £9.12
- OLB179. Notts County Supplies - £69.24
20/1305. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM CLLR WETTON
The AGM is this Thursday. Cllr Wetton gave an update on the major contracts work he asked the County Council to undertake.
- Barriers with dangling chains on the roads leading to the bridge on Mansfield Rd. The council have declined because there is no turning circle and it would cost a lot of money to purchase land to create one.
- Traffic lights at the Eastlands Lane junction or a mini roundabout. Traffic lights are not an option because they cannot be seen on approach from Warsop towards the junction.
- Interactive sign on Netherfield Lane on the opposite side to the current one. The council will not authorise another one because there is already one.
- A footpath at the top end of Ridgeway Lane. The church has offered to gift or sell some land to NCC, but they have said it would cost too much money.
21/1305. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – UPDATE FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
The next meeting is on Tuesday 21st May 2019. The elections took place on 2nd May and Cllr Wetton was re-elected to Meden Ward, Cllr Burgin was re-elected to Warsop Carrs Ward and Cllr Barlow was elected to Market Warsop Ward.
- 3 Manor Court, Church Warsop - FELLING OF 2 NO. TREES WITHIN A CONSERVATION AREA.
- 236 Sherwood Street, Warsop - REPLACE EXISTING GARAGE ROOF, GARAGE DOORS AND SUPPORT FRAME.
- 2 Lilac Grove, Church Warsop - TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION AND BOUNDARY WALL.
- Rock House, Carter Lane, Warsop Vale - TWO STOREY REAR EXTENSION AND ASSOCIATEDALTERATIONS – RESUBMISSION OF PLANNING PERMISSION 2016/0378/NT
- 10 Meden Glen, Church Warsop - NOTIFICATION OF A PROPOSED LARGER HOME EXTENSION UNDER THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (GENERAL PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 - SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION.
- 231C Sherwood Street, Warsop - DETACHED GARAGE AND ART STUDIO
- Dodsworth, Cherry Grove, Warsop – NON-MATERIAL AMENDMENT TO PLANNING APPLICATION 2015/0483/NT (REPLACEMENT OF CONSERVATORY WITH NEW SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION) TO DECREASE THE SIZE OF THE EXTENSION.
The Carrs - Update from Cllr Burgin
The new play area has been installed on the Carrs.
Cllr Burgin spoke about a number of complaints he has received from an anonymous resident. The complaints have been passed to MDC parks department who are the responsible authority for the issues raised and the Clerk has received a response to pass on should the resident visit the Town Hall again.
Meden Baths - Update
The Parish Council will not be able to agree any contract with Notts County Council. Cllrs Burgin and Simpson have met with Tim Gibbon at Meden School and are continuing contract talks to possibly have access to the gym and pitches. Cllr Burgin is hopeful that the newly elected Mayor will be able to help look at other options regarding the sports centre.
22/1305. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 17th June 2019