Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 19 March 2018

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 19th MARCH, 2018 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs J. Allin (Chairman) J. Cockroft (Vice-Chairman), J. Kerr (MDC), S. Dale, S. Adey (MDC), A. Wetton (MDC & NCC), A. Burgin (MDC) and L. Davis.
Gemma Blagg (Assistant to the Clerk).
6 members of public

Minutes

9782. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST BY MEMBERS BOTH PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY

Cllr Burgin declared an interest in Friends of the Carrs.

Age Concern - Cllr. J. Allin.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, J. Kerr, S. Moody, S. Adey and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllrs A. Burgin and S. Adey.
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr and A. Burgin.
Inner Wheel - Cllr. J. Brearley.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody.
Meden School Board of Governors - Cllr. S. Adey.
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs J. Allin & S. Adey.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Kerr.
Warsop Carnival - Cllrs S. Moody and S. Adey.
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft.
Welbeck Colliery the Future - Cllrs J. Allin, J. Kerr & S. Adey.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.

Apologies:

Cllrs J. Brealey, S. Moody, D. Barlow and R. Butler.


9783. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Monday 19th February 2018.

Accepted as a true record.

9784. MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING - Tuesday 14th March 2018.

The Chairman read out the recommendations from the minutes. He asked the council to recommend a new member for the F&GP Working Party due to Cllr Wetton’s other commitments.

Cllr Kerr proposed Cllr Burgin and Cllr Wetton seconded it.

RESOLVED: The Council agreed to Cllr Burgin joining the F&GP Working Party.

RESOLVED: All recommendations were agreed.

Cllr Wetton informed the council that he had given the Youth Club £1000 from his NCC allowance.
Accepted as a true record.

9785. CRIME AND DISORDER

No report given.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Karen Hardy asked if the Parish Council had an update from MDC regarding Cllr Drewett and Saunders promoting the Stonebridge development at the Local Plan.

She also stated the Stonebridge planning application would likely go to the planning committee on 4th April and she wanted to express her concerns that MDC are seeming to ignore anything that is being raised about that application.

Graham Hall spoke about the vandalism again at the rugby pitch. He explained that some fencing has been erected around the site, but it affects access to the football changing rooms. He said he would like to speak to Cllr Adey about on-going issues in that area.

A lady asked if the Council knew what the old Spencers shop was going to be.

9786. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Cllr Adey stated she hasn’t had any feedback from MDC about anything happening to those councillors. She was told that it was un-true, and councillors weren’t promoting the Stonebridge development.

Cllr Kerr stated the fencing was erected at the rugby pitch because it was the cheapest option.

He stated he would be speaking to the Monitoring Officer about a Regeneration Portfolio Holder being a planning member as this would seem to be a conflict of interest.

Cllr Wetton stated the applicant had re-submitted the application and that had been progressing through planning. He said questions weren’t being answered in a reasonable time frame and the applicants were working on the points for refusal.

Cllr Kerr stated there were 8 objection points and as far as he was aware, they haven’t answered 1 of them.

Cllr Burgin stated he had tried to challenge this issue with the Monitoring Officer.

The Chairman read out Cllr Barlow’s email regarding rule 6.

Cllr Adey stated the deadline had passed.

Cllr Adey informed the council that she had been in contact with the Neighbourhood watch teams and is working on getting them to work together to try and combat ASB to hopefully help reduce incidents like the rugby pitch at Meden Vale.

9787. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL

The Clerk needed to ask the Council some questions and update them on some upcoming building works.
Hetts Lane Infant and Nursery School asked if any Councillors would like to become a school governor.
No Councillors showed an interest in Hetts Lane’s request.

She asked if any Councillors could help with cover for the Town Hall over the Easter half term due to annual leave for Gemma Blagg and Lisa Hall. She asked Councillors to email her if they can cover as soon as possible.

Roof works will be taking place on the Town Hall on 14th & 15th April.

The Clerk asked the Council if she could book herself and Gemma Blagg (Assistant to the Clerk) on to another Data Protection course due to them both missing the first one due to illness.
RESOLVED: The Council agreed the Clerk should book them both on another course.

9788. CARNIVAL

Cllr Cockroft informed the Council that she attended the last meeting to offer her help and support to the new Carnival Chairman. She said they are organising a five a side football tournament, dog show, marching band competition and a mobile beach.
Cllr Wetton stated he would be willing to pay for the road closure. Cllr Cockroft said she would let the Carnival Chairman know.

9789. BIG WARSOP

Cllr Burgin said it was a continuation from the last meeting and they looked at future projects to take them to the end of the scheme.
Cllr Adey said they looked at funding the Shed.
Cllr Burgin said they discussed the sports centre, Warsop Vale’s resource centre and Rolo grants (£500).

9790. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS

Cllr Moody gave an update before the meeting. He said that the paper would feature a piece on the precept and information relating to the current increase.

9791. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

Cllr Adey stated the group met last week and they went through the plan. There are 19 actions to be completed and there is some information required from MDC.

9792. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 19/03/2018 - £41,011.46)
(£5000 donation for C.A.B.)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 19/03/2018 - £33,785.04)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves) - £15,000

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • OLB66. MDC (Premises Licence) - £70.00
    • OLB65. MDC (Loan) - £4,554.00
    • OLB64. Mortons - £581.00
    • OLB63. D2 studio - £1,000.00
    • V01717. Warsop Athletic FC - £500.00
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • V01718. Delivery – W&DNs - £380.00
    • V01719. Cash – Postage - £80.00
    • V01720. Initial - £462.60
    • V01721. Warsop Infotech (Equip Hire) - £18.75

9793. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

Cllr Wetton stated he would be making a constituency speech at the full council meeting about Meden Sports Centre.
He had been looking into the issue about Sure Start closing. He confirmed Sure Start wouldn’t be closing, he did say that there will be a change in who is providing the service.
He also spoke about the council’s winter program in relation to the snow fall the Parish saw and the poor condition of the roads.
Cllr Burgin brought up the speed changes on Cater Lane, Warsop Vale. The second proposal is to change the stretch of road near the garage to a 40mph limit. He will respond to this consultation again with his comments.

9794. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL

Cllr Kerr said at the last full council meeting, he made comments on the leisure centre and the £55 million investment.
Cllr Burgin said the disappointment about the £55 million is that it probably won’t be spent in Mansfield & District.
Cllr Adey said that Cllr S. Richardson asked the Mayor about the issue of fracking and what was her opinion on the issue. The Mayor responded by saying it is NCC who make those decisions. He also asked about the housing company but didn’t get an answer.
Cllr Adey stated that all Warsop Parish Councillors boycotted the vote for the £1.4 million spending on the Town Hall in Mansfield.

Planning Applications

  • The Mill House, Church Road, Church Warsop - REPLACE EXISTING RENDERING WITH WETHERTEX RENDER SYSTEM.
  • The Sycamore and Poplars Care Home, Clumber Street, Warsop - ERECTION OF BUILDING TO HOUSE TWO BIOMASS BOILERS AND A PELLET STORAGE AREA.

The Carrs

Cllr Burgin attended the last Friends of the Carrs meeting. He said their AGM meeting would be coming up if anyone would like to attend, he would let everyone know the date as soon as he can. He stated they were hoping the Local Improvement Scheme funding would go through for new playground and gym equipment.

Meden Baths

Cllr Wetton spoke about the District and County Councils and their different roles for the Meden Sports Centre. He said there are 2 issues at the moment, 1 is to keep the current facilities open via a community trust and the other is convincing MDC to help build a new centre. He said he had been made aware that the County Council may have changed their plans on gifting the land to the Parish Council.
Cllr Burgin has been speaking to Hayley Barsby (MDC-CEO) and she has agreed to contact Bolsover District Council for the financial information on the Clowne leisure centre development that Pulse worked on. He asked if a meeting could be arranged at Clowne so he could show Hayley their facilities. He said there is a meeting on Friday with an NCC Officer about taking the Meden Sports Centre on as a community asset.

9795. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 16th April 2018

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876