Back to Top

Meeting Minutes 19 June 2018

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 19th JUNE, 2018 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.

Present:

Cllrs J. Allin – Chairman, J. Cockroft – Vice-Chairman, J. Kerr (MDC), S. Dale, A. Burgin (MDC), S. Moody, J. Brealey, L. Davies & R. Butler.
9 members of public

Minutes

9668. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST BY MEMBERS BOTH PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY

Cllr Roy Butler declared an interest in Frack Free Warsop.

Big Warsop Partnership - Cllr J. Cockroft.
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllrs J. Cockroft, S. Moody and S. Adey.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Kerr.
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin.
Age Concern - Cllr. J. Allin.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody.
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs J. Allin & J. Kerr.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr and A. Burgin.
Warsop’s Real Poppy Campaign - Cllr L. Davies.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, J. Kerr, S. Moody, S. Adey and A. Burgin.
Inner Wheel - Cllr J. Brealey.
Christmas Market - Cllr. J. Cockroft.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.

Apologies:

Cllrs A. Wetton (NCC), D. Barlow & S. Adey (MDC)


9669. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Monday 15th May 2018.

Change Cockcroft to Cockroft on page 1, otherwise accepted as a true record.

9670. MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING - Tuesday 6th June 2018.

The Chairman read through the recommendations from the F&GP members.

656. Gold Leafing

The Council unanimously agreed to accept J. Chapmans quote - J. Chapman (Traditional Signwriter) – 5 titles & dates in 23ct Gold Leaf and black drop cast shadow - £135.

658. Minster Cleaning

The Council unanimously agreed to give 1 months’ notice to Minster Cleaning on Monday 3rd July.

659. Prepaid Card Request

It was unanimously agreed to allow £510 to be added to the card for the PC that will run CCTV in reception.

660. S137 – Warsop in Bloom

The Council unanimously agreed to pay £500 to Warsop in Bloom to continue their flower show at Warsop Carnival.

661. S137 – DUWC

The Council unanimously agreed to pay Derbyshire Unemployed Workers Centre £100 to help continue the service that helps people within the Parish.

662. Warsop Footpaths & Countryside Group

It was unanimously agreed that the Footpath Groups money from NCC could be paid into the Parish Council bank account.

RESOLVED: 655, 658, 659, 660, 661 & 662 were all agreed by the Council.

9871. CRIME AND DISORDER

PCSO Dee Eyre emailed a brief report to the Clerk.

Firstly, our apologies for non-attendance as we are all on day shifts, today’s report is somewhat brief.

There has been a significant increase in vehicle crime over the last month, mostly vans where tools have been stolen. Advice has been given regarding the removal of tools from vans overnight but is unfortunately not being heeded.
The Proactive team have been doing plain clothed patrols overnight to tackle this issue.

Members of the public are calling into the town hall to report incidents to the Police, this is not the correct way to report crime.
We need to encourage people to call 101 for non-emergency incidents which will be picked up by the local beat team, if incidents are not reported correctly then they are not recorded therefore the statistics will be incorrect. This in turn leads to staff being reduced as the demand seems less.

Another operation to tackle vehicles being used illegally for trade purposes is being carried out shortly (for obvious reasons we cannot divulge the exact date)

There has been a significant reduction in the amount of fly tipping cases recently after several fines have been issued by the wardens.

ASB
Off road bikes are again becoming an issue, there is always an increase in this type of activity during the summer months, anyone with any information as the whereabouts of such vehicles please call 101.
As yet we have not received any calls regarding under-age drinking or bad behaviour on the parks, regular patrols are carried out in the evenings to include a dedicated ASB vehicle on Friday and Saturday.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Karen Hardy, on behalf of LWS, thanked Warsop Parish Council for their support against the Stonebridge planning application. She thanked members of the planning committee who critically evaluated the application. She also said that any guidance the Parish Council can offer would be greatly appreciated.

John Brealey informed the Council and members of public about a local community listening event for the NHS.

Bill Power read through a list of issues he was concerned with on the Carrs. He spoke about benches that only have a view of overgrown thistles, rubbish bins overflowing and wheelchair users aren’t able to use the paths and avoid them due to the poor condition they are in.
He also spoke about the unveiling of the renaming of part of the A60 to Robert Bye Way and that they were looking at inviting the Sheriff of Nottingham. He said he should have all the final details for the next meeting.

Maddy Pritchard asked the Council if there was an active group working on swimming/sports facilities in Warsop.

A gentleman asked if the Council found out any information regarding his question at the last meeting about becoming independent from MDC.

9672. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Cllr Moody stated that the benches could have possibly installed before the nature reserve was fully grown.
He informed Bill Power that an application form will need to be filled in to request the visit from the Sheriff of Nottingham.
Cllr Moody stated this Council is actively pursuing various options regarding the swimming pool/sports centre. He said once we are further down the line, then the Parish Council will look at bringing other people on board.

Cllr Burgin said he would contact Martyn Saxton to see if there was any guidance that can be given to LWS.
He said the issue about the benches was brought up at the Friends of the Carrs meeting. He will be meeting with Andy Chambers (MDC) next week to discuss some issues. He asked Bill Power if he would contact him directly if the bins are overflowing. The contract for the works to the paths has been given to a contractor and they are awaiting a start date.

Cllr Kerr stated there was something green all over the Mill Dam and a dead fish was spotted.
He said keeping the swimming pool open longer wouldn’t cost NCC anymore money. He suggested the Notts County Councillor speak to Kay Cutts before the NCC meeting.

Cllr Kerr stated that he spoke to Hayley Barsby (CEO of MDC) about becoming independent from MDC. She advised Cllr Kerr to speak to Jacquie Collins (Monitoring Officer at MDC). Jaquie Collins said she would seek advice from the Local Boundary Commission. She also said this was not a matter for the District Council and would advise the Parish Council to seek legal advice.
Cllr Moody stated he was under the impression that an Act of Parliament would need to be overturned in order for this Council to become independent. He said it may be worth looking to see if any other Parish Councils have done this.

9673. INTERNAL/EXTERNAL AUDIT

Councillors looked through a copy of the completed annual return. Cllr Kerr proposed to accept the completed annual return and Cllr Moody seconded it.

RESOLVED: The Council unanimously agreed to accept the completed annual return.

9674. SUPERMARKET LETTERS

The Chairman informed the Council that 12 letters had been sent to different supermarkets. He said the Council have received 3 responses so far. Morrisons said the population of Warsop was not large enough to consider a store, Farmfoods have passed on the details to their property team and Heron Foods were very interested and would like to do a site visit. They did say that the site would be too big for them but they would look at developing the site and build several other units.

9675. F&GP MEMBERS (2)

Cllr Moody stated that the Notts County Councillor is normally invited to join the F&GP working party along with another member of the Council.
The Chairman proposed the Vice-Chairman as the second member and Cllr Kerr seconded it.

RESOLVED: The Council unanimously agreed that the Vice-Chairman should join the F&GP working party and an invitation should be offered to the Notts County Councillor.

9676. FRACKING

Cllr Butler read through some information and negative points/risks on fracking. These included details on how, where and what fracking entails. He spoke about the company who want to undertake the work and the violations and safety failings of this company.
Cllr Butler informed the Council that the group Frack Free Warsop will be meeting on Wednesday 28th June in the Plough Inn at 7pm.
Cllr Butler proposed that Warsop Parish Council oppose fracking in this area and Cllr Moody seconded it. A vote of 7-1 in favour of opposing fracking in this area was taken.

RESOLVED: Warsop Parish Council are opposed to fracking and will not support any fracking in this area.

9677. TOWN HALL

Cllr Kerr informed the Council that the new MP, Ben Bradley is wanting to rent a room at the Town Hall to run his local surgery.
Cllr Kerr also said he had been trying to speak to someone at MDC planning regarding UPVC windows for the Town Hall. He will update the Council when he has more information.

9678. CARNIVAL

Cllr Cockroft stated the Carnival Committee are all ready and prepared for Sunday. She also said the Carnival programmes are on sale in the Town Hall tomorrow.

9679. BIG WARSOP

Maddy Pritchard gave an update on Big Warsop. She said the current plan completes next June. A number of projects have been funded including the youth club. An environmental project will be starting in July working with the schools and local people.

9680. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS

Cllr Moody stated the paper was being finalised and includes a piece from the New MP, Ben Bradley, LWS and Frack Free Warsop. Warsop Carnival is on the front page and it will be going to print on Friday.

9681. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN

Cllr Moody told the Council he was still waiting for the appendices from Andrew Towlerton. He asked the Clerk to chase Andrew for the appendices so that the NP can be completed.

9682. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Current Account - (As of 21st of April 17) £91,439.52
(£5000 reserved for C.A.B.)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 21st of April 17 - £33,766.86)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves) - £15,000

All payments were agreed to be paid.

  • Payments already paid:
    • OLB15. D2 Studio - £1,000.00
    • OLB16. Wilkinson Landscaping (x2) - £400.00
  • Payments due to be paid:
    • V01643. Cash – Petty Cash - £70.00
    • V01644. Cash – Delivery of W&DNs - £380.00
    • V01645. Minster Cleaning - £617.98
    • V01646. Konica Minolta - £50.46
    • V01647. Office Essentials - £29.33
    • V01648. Warsop Infotech (Paper) - £60.00
    • V01649. Pearl Installations (Extractor Fan) - £168.72
    • V01650. Pearl Installations (Fire, Intruder & Em lights) - £102.00
    • V01651. Pearl Installations (Fire & Em lights works) - £2,953.20
    • V01652. Barrie Woodcock - £114.45
    • V01653. Balmoral Flat Roofing - £1,338.00
    • V01654. Mortons - £1,163.00
    • V01655. Cash - £510.00
    • OLB17. Time assured - £1,680.00
    • OLB18. Sherwood Tree Solutions - £1,800.00
    • OLB19. Andrew Stones (Building works) - £500.00

Cllr Moody said Time Assured has done a fantastic job restoring the clock on the Town Hall.

9683. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

The Chairman read out an update from Cllr Wetton.
Cllr Wetton said he had ordered 2 4 tier planters, 1 will be near Age Concern and the other near the e-cig shop.
He informed the Council that he would be doing his constituency speech at the NCC Council meeting on 13th July. He will talk about the issues with the sports centre and ask about the land.
He received a call to say the Robert Bye Way signs are the way and he also mentioned that Mrs Moody had been invited to Wales on the unveiling day.
He said he reported the zebra crossings the day after he was elected and they have been scheduled as urgent.
He also mentioned the tree’s on Mansfield Rd that are causing obstructions were due to be cut.

9684. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL

Planning Applications

  • Cleveland Villa Mansfield Road, Warsop – Additional block of four cat pens with integral food preparation and laundry facilities.
  • 8 Mount Crescent, Warsop – Single storey side extension to create a residential annexe.
  • 13 Tissington Avenue, Church Warsop – Single storey rear extension.
  • 43 Egmanton Road, Meden Vale – Notification for prior approval for a proposed larger home extension under the town & country planning (general permitted development) (England) order 2015 for a single storey rear extension.
  • The Dairy Spring Farm, Sookholme Road, Sookholme – New extension of existing dwelling to form new utility room.
  • 16 Netherfield Lane, Church Warsop – Single storey rear extension for dining room, utility and WC use.
  • Land adj no. 1 York Terrace, Warsop – Non-material amendment to planning application 2016/0149/NT (2 no. detached dwellings) to amend garden room roof to lantern roof.

The Carrs

Cllr Kerr stated he would like to move Peter Crawford’s bench due to the bird droppings but he would need to speak to Peters wife Irene.

Meden Baths

This was discussed in Matters Arising from Public Participation.

9685. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 17th July 2018

Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 01623 846 011
Mob: 07817 216 876