Meeting Minutes 17 September 2018
MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY 17th SEPTEMBER, 2018 at 6.30pm upstairs in the Council Chamber, Town Hall.
Cllrs J. Cockroft (Chair), A. Burgin (Vice-Chair) (MDC), J. Kerr (MDC), R. Butler, S. Dale, D. Barlow and L. Davis.
2 members of public
PCSOs Abigail Green and Natalie Mellor.
9871. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST BY MEMBERS BOTH PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY
Age Concern - Cllr. J. Allin.
Assoc of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, J. Kerr, S. Moody, S. Adey and A. Burgin.
Big Warsop Partnership - Cllrs A. Burgin and S. Adey.
CCTV - Cllr. J. Allin.
Frack Free Warsop - Cllr R. Butler.
Friends of the Carrs - Cllrs J. Kerr and A. Burgin.
Friends of Warsop Vale - Cllr A. Burgin.
Let Warsop Speak - Cllrs D. Barlow & R. Butler.
Market Warsop Players - Cllr. S. Moody.
Meden School Board of Governors - Cllr. S. Adey.
Meden Vale the Future - Cllrs J. Allin & S. Adey.
SOS - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Kerr.
Staffing Committee - Cllrs J. Cockroft and A. Burgin.
Warsop Carnival - Cllrs S. Moody and S. Adey.
Warsop Town Hall Management Group - Cllrs. J. Kerr, S. Moody and J. Allin.
Warsop Youth Club - Cllrs. S. Moody and J. Cockroft.
Welbeck Colliery the Future - Cllrs J. Allin, J. Kerr & S. Adey.
Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton.
Cllrs A. Burgin (Vice-Chairman) (MDC), S. Adey (MDC) and S. Moody.
9872. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Monday 16th July 2018.
RESOLVED: Accepted as a true record.
9873. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - Thursday 8th August 2018.
RESOLVED: Accepted as a true record.
9874. MINUTES OF THE F&GP MEETING - Thursday 13th September 2018.
RESOLVED: Minute 794. The Council accepted the recommendation and added that a letter should be sent to Steve who erects the market stalls regarding the times of when they are erected.
Minute 800. The recommendation was changed due the Council wanting to look into the matter of flying a flag permanently further. Cllr Kerr agreed to find out more information.
Minute 806. This matter was moved to the Staffing Committee.
All other minutes were agreed and accepted as a true record.
9875. CRIME AND DISORDER
PCSO Abigail Green read out a report on behalf of the Warsop Parish beat team.
1st Jun/31st Aug 2018
Burglary dwelling (the 2 are unrelated) - 2
Burglary other (2 sheds and 3 business properties) - 5
Criminal damage (relates to damage to vehicles and property windows broken) - 22
Vehicle crime (occurred overnight and mainly due to vehicles being left unlocked) - 10
Domestic violence (12 repeat victims) - 79
ASB (there are new ASB powers that can now be used to tackle this issue) - 145
1st Jun/31st Aug 2017
Burglary dwelling - 11
Burglary other - 6
Criminal damage - 31
Vehicle crime - 23
Domestic violence - 98
ASB - 131
A gentleman asked when the NP would be going out for consultation.
9876. MATTERS ARISING FROM PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Clerk informed the gentleman that the NP consultation would be taking place on 8th October 2018.
9877. WARSOP PARISH COUNCIL
The Chair read out a response from Meden Medical Services to the letter the Chair sent to them regarding the closure of the Meden Vale surgery. The letter stated the surgery in Meden Vale would be closing.
9878. TRAFFIC MOVEMENT – HETTS LANE/BURNS LANE (CLLR BARLOW)
Cllr Barlow asked for this item to be removed after realising the proposal wouldn’t work.
9879. BYELAW (CLLR MOODY)
Cllr Davis read out a proposal from Cllr Moody. The proposal was for the Council to create a Byelaw on the Carrs Showground to stop the public from feeding the rats. NALC advised the Council that this may not be best action to take due to costs involved and the difficulty in enforcing it.
RESOLVED: The Council unanimously voted against creating a Byelaw.
Luke Spence (Carnival Chairman) didn’t have an update but hopes to have one for the next meeting.
9881. BIG WARSOP
Cllr Burgin reiterated that Big Warsop are accepting funding applications.
9882. WARSOP & DISTRICT NEWS
No update from Cllr Moody due to his absence.
9883. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
This was raised in public participation and matters arising from public participation.
9884. CORRESPONDENCE – WARSOP IN BLOOM
Warsop in Bloom thanked the Council for granting them funding via a S137. This enabled them to carry out their event at Warsop Carnival.
9885. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Current Account - (As of 18/09/18 - £)
(£5000 reserved for C.A.B.)
Premier Account (Reserves) - (As of 18/09/18 - £)
2 Shires Credit Union (Reserves) - £15,000
All payments were agreed to be paid.
- Payments already paid:
- OLB99. Lamppost Poppies (Cllr Adey WA) - £198.00
- OLB100. Market Storage (Rates Aug) - £38.21
- OLB101. Acer Grounds Maintenance - £85.00
- OLB102. ABM Pest Control (Annual) - £220.00
- OLB103. Mortons (Aug) - £1,226.00
- OLB104. Second Element - £300.00
- OLB105. Acer Grounds Maintenance - £160.00
- OLB106. D2 Studio - £1,000.00
- OLB107. MDC (Hanging Baskets) - £810.00
- OLB108. Market Storage Rent (Aug) - £108.33
- OLB109. Richard Parker (Plumber) - £180.00
- OLB110. Acer Grounds Maintenance - £160.00
- OLB111. Pearl Installations (Corridor Light) - £83.39
- OLB112. D.W. Construction (Roof – Clock) - £2,200.00
- OLB113. Market Storage Rent (Sept) - £108.33
- OLB114. Market Storage Rates (Sept) - £36.00
- OLB115. Pearl Installations (EICR Completion) - £1,511.64
- OLB116. Pearl Installations (Hallway Light) - £103.80
- Payments due to be paid:
- V01749. Cash – W&DNs - £380.00
- V01750. Cash – Postage - £80.00
- V01751. Glascraft - £7.00
- V01752. Glascraft - £10.00
9886. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
No update due to Cllr Wetton’s absence.
9887. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
MDC’s full council meeting will take place tomorrow.
- Springfield, Sandy Lane, Warsop – FIRST FLOOR AND SINGLE STOREY EXTENSIONS.
- Land at Cherry Grove, Warsop – AGRICULTURAL BUILDING TO HOUSE AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT, ANIMAL FEED AND HAY (RESUBMISSION OF APPLICATION 2018/0269/FUL).
- Sherwood Junior School, Sherwood Street, Warsop – CHANGE OF USE FROM C3 (RESIDENTIAL), TO D1 (NON-RESIDENTIAL INSTITUTIONS) INCLUDING ANCILLARY OFFICES AT FIRST FLOOR.
- 18 Ocean Drive, Warsop – SINGLE STOREY REAR EXTENSION.
- Former Garage, Clumber Street, Warsop – 4 NO. NEW DWELLINGS.
- Church Vale Primary School, Laurel Avenue, Church Warsop – TOWN AND COUNTRY PLNNING (DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT PROCEDURE) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 – NOTICE UNDER ARTICLE 18 CONSULTATION ON PLANNING APPLICATION – TO RETAIN EXISTING TEMPORARY CLASSROOM.
- Nettleworth Cottage, Leeming Lane North, Mansfield Woodhouse – DOUBLE GARAGE EXTENSION TO SIDE WITH ANNEX OVER.
- Moorfield Farm/Memorial Club, Bishops Walk, Church Warsop – NON-MATERIAL AMENDMENT TO REPLACE WINDOW AND DOOR WITH BI-FOLDING DOOR – PLOT 3 (ON APPROVED APPLICATION 2014/0654/NT (OUTLINE APPLICATION FOR 17 NO. DWELLINGS INCLUDING THE RESERVED MATTERS OF ACCESS, APPEARANCE, LAYOUT AND SCALE).
- 40 York Terrace, Warsop - SINGLE STOREY REAR AND SIDE EXTENSION.
- 16 Birkland Avenue, Warsop - DEMOLITION OF EXISTING GARAGE AND CONSTRUCTION OF TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION.
- 30 Fell Wilson Street, Warsop - SINGLE STOREY SIDE EXTENSION.
- Longden Terrace Miners Welfare Social Club, Longden Terrace, Warsop - EXTENSION TO EXISTING BOWLS PAVILION, NEW ENTRANCE, DROP DOWN KERB, CAR PARK AND PERIMETER FENCE.
Cllr Burgin informed the Council that the Carrs has retained its Green Flag status. He said works were being completed on the silk trap and new trees being planted. He is still waiting to hear news on the new playing equipment.
Cllr Burgin informed the Council that discussions are still on-going between Meden School and the County Council. He would be meeting with the Director and Tim Gibbon from Meden soon.
9888. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 15th October 2018